General Adjuster- Property
Grow your Career with CSE Insurance Group!
We are currently seeking a General Adjuster- Property to join our Claims team. Our team members play an integral role in the innovation and growth of our organization.
Join CSE and be part of the excitement. You'll love our stuff!
Responsible for the direct handling of complex and unique first-party exposures determined to be of a most serious nature and damage-size within assigned scope of authority. This includes, but is not limited to file investigation, determine/agree to scope of damage, evaluation, working with public adjusters and attorneys. The coordination and management of additional living expenses. Negotiate and conclude differences on scope, evaluation and materials used in placing the insured back to pre-loss condition. This position includes adherence to DOI compliance/regulatory, departmental operations and, procedures, policies and protocols.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Early arrival at scene and writing of scope with contractors or vendors.
- Follow up visits to scene to ensure repairs are on track.
- Holding contractors, attorneys, public adjusters accountable for delays
- Controlling vendor costs by ensuring correct remediation techniques are utilized.
- Examine assigned claim files, insurance policies and other documents to determine coverage applicable to a loss.
- Ensure all claims activities (i.e. investigations, evaluations, and settlements) are in accordance with corporate claims policies and procedures.
- Investigate claims thoroughly and refer claims to Special Investigative Unit or Subrogation department as warranted.
- Evaluate and reserve exposures in compliance with reserve policy.
- Pay claims within their designated authority.
- Keep current in diary, file notes, and required reporting criteria.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS:
- Ability to write large estimates in Xactimate for property losses along with the ability to review estimates and audit for material pricing, labor hours, and scope.
- Proven experience with home repairs including wind damage, water damage, and fire losses.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with insured's, representatives of the insured to include public adjuster or attorney, vendors, executive management, and others, necessary to accomplish goals.
- Management and time management skills are required to effectively manage field assignments; assist when called upon to resolve complex technical questions, problems and/or complaints; authorize and negotiate settlements.
- Must have strong skills in negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Must be able to function under a heavy volume of work and to make independent decisions.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proactive in dealing with customers and takes ownership and responsibility for driving issues to resolution
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile environment
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
- Company car, cell phone, and laptop will be provided for this role.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum ten years of contractor/building experience.
- Contractor's license preferred
- Good driving record required.
- Commercial and personal lines construction knowledge preferred
- Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Must have strong background working with Xactimate and XactAnalysis
- Good driving record
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose — to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.
Meet Some of CSE Insurance Group's Employees
As one of the four territory managers for California, Lisa travels in her company car on a daily basis, meeting CSE’s customers to talk about goals and develop relationships.
Back to top