Executive Multi-State Auto Product Owner
The Multi-State Auto Product Executive is accountable to lead, direct, and control the company's auto product resources to maintain short and long-term growth and profitability targets. Is responsible to direct all auto product functions to ensure they meet the company's business objectives and are conducted in accordance with regulations and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build a winning culture, with enthusiastic leadership and the ability to communicate and connect with all levels of the business, and other relevant internal or external groups. Ultimately responsible for the attraction, retention, motivation, and engagement of associates across the organization
- Establish, manage, measure and achieve Auto product goals. Accountable for the overall effectiveness and performance of the Auto Product department including ensuring the department is appropriately staffed and structured to meet business needs
- Lead, direct, evaluate and develop staff to ensure efficiency of the department and to maximize performance
- Lead the creation of the Auto Product plans. Develop strategies and tactical plans to effectively address concerns
- Provide top executive level strategic leadership in ensuring the company's Auto product strategy and resources are able to support the short and long-term goals of the business. Provide overall department accountability and leadership
- Lead, direct, and control the company's Auto product resources to maintain the short and long-term growth and profitability targets
- Direct all Auto product functions to ensure they meet the company's business objectives and are conducted in accordance with regulations and guidelines
- Contribute to strategic planning and decision-making at the top executive level to develop and implement a product strategy that aligns with the company's business objectives
- Establish budgets, plans, policies, and programs that will achieve these strategic objectives
- Work closely with the CEO and executive team on strategic decisions relating to strategic growth, inspiring employees, achieving operational targets and generating results
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Analyze data, examine trends, review market conditions and monitor results to develop recommendations and implement changes to products to maximize profit and growth.
- Conduct competitor studies in conjunction with actuarial indications, claims trends, and changes in the regulatory and legal environments.
- Communicate results, conclusions, and recommendations for improvement in a clear and concise fashion.
- Implement changes and coordinate activities with marketing, underwriting, and systems to ensure effective implementation.
- Develop recommendations to adequately price products to support growth and profit objectives.
- Work closely with actuaries and modelers to improve GLMs, sequential and multivariate analyses.
- Monitor and control department expenses.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS:
- An understanding of the industry, market, business development and governmental trends affecting CSE's competitiveness
- Complete understanding of each state's rate revision, rating factors, rate level, segmentation, product rules and underwriting guidelines.
- Full understanding of the utilization of MVRs, CLUE, Insurance Score, as well as other third-party data.
- Working knowledge of actuarial models, pricing concepts and reserving required
- Ability to think strategically forward and be able to develop strategies and plans to meet future-facing goals
- Mastered knowledge of California Auto regulatory environment
- Proven results-oriented leader with a demonstrated ability to gain the respect and trust of employees at all levels in the organization
- Experience in developing successful product launches.
- Must have the ability to collaborate with cross-functional team to achieve business results .
- Works well under stress and tight deadlines
- Effective presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Balances listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed.
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Ten to fifteen years' experience auto product development. Ten years managerial experience with a major company preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the Auto Product and Underwriting fields with a minimum of 10 years' experience at a senior level Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in business administration required. CPCU strongly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years' experience managing people.
Back to top