- San Dimas, CA
Grow your Career with CSE Insurance Group!
We are currently seeking a Casualty Manager to join our Claims team in San Dimas, CA. Our team members play an integral role in the innovation and growth of our organization. We look to our Claims team to be the face of CSE and provide the best service possible to our policyholders. Our Claims team is built by individuals working towards a common goal of professional growth and providing the best possible service at all times.
Join CSE and be part of the excitement.
This individual will be responsible for managing and directing a team that handles auto, homeowners, and small commercial liability claims on behalf of CSE. Will be a dedicated professional who possesses extensive claim management, analytical and technical skills. The ability to develop and analyze advanced claim metrics is of critical importance in this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and analysis of coverage including the preparation of coverage letters.
- Investigation, analysis and evaluation of assigned claims.
- Proactive and timely setting of case reserves.
- Development of resolution strategies on assigned claims.
- Supports claims performance improvement via participation in special claims initiatives.
- Coordinates resources with other functions such as QA, SIU, Subrogation, Claims Legal, and Medical review.
- Conducts QA file reviews and implements QA team recommendations.
- Monitors/manages unit performance objectives.
- Delivers a positive customer service experience to all internal and external customers.
- Resolves customer complaints according to best practices. Monitors customer satisfaction in an effort to drive action plans for improvement.
- Responsible for the management of team members including performance management, training and development, workflow planning, and hiring and placement.
- Other duties as assigned
- In-depth knowledge of claims files handling, investigation and settlement processes and procedures.
- Legal issues/litigation process as it relates to claims.
- Claims best practices and quality file review procedures.
- Insurance industry operations including understanding of sales and underwriting functions.
- Claims operations practices, procedures and related systems.
- Excellent customer focus to proactively identify and understand customer needs.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills, including the ability to recognize, analyze and improve claims performance situations such as loss control, LAE, customer satisfaction, employee development and engagement.
- Ability to supervise and train claims representative in all aspects of claims processes. Effective listening, oral and written communication skills necessary for customer contact, negotiation, presentations, project management, and personnel management.
- Ability to make decisions, establish priorities, and set strategic directions.
- Ability to organize and deal with a variety of situations, discern problems and recommend/implement resolutions.
- Proven ability to operate personal computer with proficient use of claims and business software.
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in liability claims handling and settlement along with a minimum of 5 years of liability supervision and management.
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose - to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.
Back to top