Business System Analyst
Grow your Career with CSE Insurance Group!
We are currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join our IT team. Our team members play an integral role in the innovation and growth of our organization.
Join CSE and be part of the excitement. You'll love our stuff!
The Business Systems Analyst will be interfacing with stakeholders including product owners, vendor service providers, the project management officer, software developers and QA team. This position is also responsible for coordinating change management, test plans, some training and internal department communications including Sales, Marketing, Claims, Underwriting, Customer Service and Accounting.
Reporting directly to the Director of Development & Product Support, our new BSA will excel in a collaborative, structured yet casual environment with high visibility to management and client groups.
- Gather and analyze business user requirements for workflow, and policy and claim administration systems in accordance with state regulations, underwriting rules and guidelines as established by Product Management and Underwriting.
- Analyze and translate complex requirements into application designs and functional requirements and produce, as needed, documentation for any changes.
- Document detailed software configuration specifications (using templates) and develop expertise in system functionality and design.
- Define data mapping and transformation logic for application programming interfaces.
- Create and manage user/feature stories, defects and SDLC tasks in a collaboration system.
- Serve as liaison between technology and business end users.
- Articulate and confirm understanding by developers of functional requirements.
- Understand client objectives, their pain points, identify root causes and recommend solutions or improvements.
- Define test plan and support QA team creation of test cases for end to end system functionality testing.
- Document system functionality and system procedure training materials while growing business subject matter expertise.
- Assure production system continuity with escalation support, trouble-shooting and appropriate resolution including training, defect tracking and developer escalation.
- Work in a high visibility and influential role as part of a small team of internal Business Analysts.
- Participate in Agile/SCRUM; promote knowledge sharing and engage office-social activities with colleagues.
- 5+ years in a business analysis or systems analysis role.
- Working knowledge of agile and other project management methodologies.
- Working knowledge of service-oriented architecture, complex data models and XML.
- Demonstrated proficiency with business writing for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to work in a fast pace and flexible agile software development environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and communication practices.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision in a shared best practices for success team setting.
- Working knowledge of electronic data interface technology such as Web services and EDI.
- Insurance or Finance industry experience highly desirable.
- Five years of increasing responsibility or, IIBA or IQBBA Certification.
- Bachelor of Sciences in Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science a related field or equivalent area of study.
- Experience in systems analysis, process engineering and SDLC related activities.
- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance*
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose — to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.
Meet Some of CSE Insurance Group's Employees
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst
Fausto is focused on helping CSE transition to a new phase of automation and predictive modeling, heading up the Software Team responsible for crafting a new and crucial data warehouse.
Back to top