Technical Product Owner
Want to see your ideas in action? We do too. Technical Product Owner
If you like finding and implementing innovative solutions, you'll fit in perfectly at CSC. The world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services, we use technology to make businesses run smoother and smarter. And as a Technical Product Owner, that's what you'll be doing, too.
CSC's Foundations Core Service Team is building and enhancing CSC's SOA Platform within the CLS organization, starting with a next generation Order to Cash Solution.
The Technical Product Owner will provide product and service capability vision, define, analyze, prioritize and refine the product requirements and capabilities for CSC's SOA Platform, work with Product Owner Leadership and Technical Leadership to establish capability roadmaps, and collaborate with Scrum development teams to realize project goals.
What you'll do for us
- Provide clear product vision to scrum team(s) and co-leads the team with Technology engineering counterparts
- Administer policies and compliance related to development, consumer use and evolution of the SOA implementation
- Establish and execute an SOA roadmap with clear milestones. Clearly set the product/backlog prioritization with a balance of near-term deliverables and longer-term investment in technology platforms
- Translate Platform requirements into SOA services built according to Global Design concepts. Have a global viewpoint and extend CSC's SOA across dependent platforms.
- Serve as a Product Evangelist, partnering closely with Product Owner Leadership, Technology Leadership, and other business stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate strategies & trade-offs to senior leaders, while being able to hold a Technical discussion with the development team
- Collaborate with the Scrum Master to run successful Release Planning and Sprint Planning sessions, as well as Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Produce technically focused user stories, and collaborate with engineers to ensure accuracy and feasibility.
What we'll do for you
- Empower you to find your own innovative solutions to challenges face by some of the world's leading companies
- Give you the freedom to explore, experiment, and implement out-of-the-box ideas
- Provide excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more
Technical skills, experience and qualifications that will make you successful in this role
- 3-5 years experience as a Technical Product Owner
- Experience building a highly available SOA implementation
- Past experience in software product development leveraging Scrum & Agile
- Subject matter expertise with large scale SOA implementations an concepts and capabilities
- Experience delivering features on large scale software applications and backend systems, building platform and data solutions, and defining services
- Working knowledge of multi-tiered technology platform stacks with an emphasis on SOA and API based architectures
- Experience managing provider API roadmaps and aligning with consuming application backlogs/roadmaps
- Experience writing technical use cases and user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a dynamic business environment
- Strong knowledge of agile development practices (Scrum strongly desired), methodologies and tools.
- Outstanding technical and non-technical communication skills
- Proven ability to build strong relationships internally and externally; an active listener and clear communicator
- Engineering/MBA degree preferred
- Order to Cash platform background preferred
Why join us?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 12 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
- CSC understands the importance of work life balance and our work schedule has built in flexibility to accommodate the demands of everyday life.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are-and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Back to top