Technical Lead - Entity Management (Java)
Want to see your ideas in action? We do too.
Java Technical Lead - Entity Management
If you like finding and implementing innovative solutions, you'll fit in perfectly at CSC. We are the world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services. We use technology to make businesses run smoother and smarter - and as a Java Technical Lead that's what you'll be doing, too!
As a Java Technical Lead, you will work alongside other talented software developers, test professionals, consultants, and analysts to deliver high-value technical solutions for our business. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong technical aptitude and experience as a senior level developer. At CSC, our IT department is an innovative, collaborative environment where the smartest, most productive, and most fun team of software professionals are motivated to do their best work.
In this role you can expect to...
- Provide technical guidance and direction to other Java Software Engineers and Test Engineers on the design, development, security, infrastructure, testing and implementation functions of Web applications within the Entity Management technology stack.
- Contribute to the analysis and design for application changes to our Entity Management solution.
- Contribute to Production Support and debugging across the Entity Management platform, working with other software engineers.
- Provide technical input to business analysts in the creation of user stories for the Entity Management platform.
- Implement and maintain security standards, procedures, and guidelines.
When you join the CSC team you can expect us to...
- Empower you to find your own innovative solutions to challenges faced by some of the world's leading companies.
- Give you the freedom to explore, experiment, and implement out-of-the-box ideas.
- Provide excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more!
You might be the perfect fit for our team if you have...
- 8+ years of recent experience implementing web applications such as: Java/J2EE, EJB, Struts XML, MVC, Spring Frameworks, Hibernate, JDBC, RESTful Services, SOAP services, JMS, JSP/JSTL, JUnits
- A strong desire to achieve team success and an ability to mentor colleagues globally in quality, including the ability to:
Promote and encourage best engineering practices
Help with large, complex development designs
Groom and mentor the developers on the team
- Strong demonstrable experience in the following areas:
Java umbrella of technologies
RDBMS - Firm grasp of SQL Oracle
J2EE server environments - Tomcat, WebLogic, and others
Application server development - service layer patterns using Spring
Build technologies - Jenkins, Maven, and Ant
- Experience in the following:
Documentum (Enterprise Content Management platform)
Experience with object oriented design, design patterns, and refactoring
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A desire to work on a global Agile/Scrum software development team
Why join us?
At CSC ® we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 12 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time of us in terms of growth and expansion.
- CSC understands the importance of work life balance and our work schedule has built in flexibility to accommodate the demands of everyday life.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500 ®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are - and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Back to top