SRE DevOps Technical Lead
Do you like partnering with in-house experts to build innovative solutions? So do we.
SRE DevOps Technical Lead
The SRE DevOps Technical Lead will be responsible for enabling agility and efficiency of software development teams by building and maintaining continuous integration, continuous testing and continuous delivery technologies. He/she will take the lead to establish best practices of designing, scaling, securing, deploying and monitoring the systems and applications that support our core business. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong technical aptitude and experience as a senior level developer along with a love for systems engineering. As a key member of the CLS Engineering Services SRE DevOps team, the Technical Lead will work alongside other talented software architects, developers, test engineers, and project managers to deliver high-value technical solutions for our business.
What you will do for us
- Establishing a DevOps Dashboard to track health of applications, teams, processes and tools
- Design, creation and maintenance of high-transaction functional, performance, reliability and security testing platforms
- Assist teams in the creation, migration and delivery of container-based applications using Docker and Kubernetes
- Expand usage of Jenkins Shared Pipeline capabilities
- Assist software teams with security vulnerability remediation and prioritization
- Establishing an effective monitoring program and help teams establish SLOs and SLIs
- Leading, training and mentoring software engineers
What technical skills, experience and qualifications do you need to be successful in this role?
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or applicable equivalent experience
- At least 8 years of development experience implementing web-based technologies
- Experience working with build and delivery technologies such as Jenkins
- Must be a computer language polyglot with experience with at least one object-oriented language (Java, C#, etc.), a scripting language such as NodeJS or python, and shell scripting
- Experience in optimizing application/system operations and monitoring enterprise systems
- Must have experience with Kubernetes architecture
- Must have experience in with Windows and Linux operating systems and working knowledge of administration and networking
- Candidates must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures
- Strong desire to achieve team success and an ability to mentor colleagues
Bonus points for:
- In-depth understanding of information security principles and practices
- Experience monitoring N-tier applications and working within microservice environments
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow
- Experience with ChatOps
- Experience with chaos engineering
What we will do for you
- Empower you to find your own innovative solutions to challenges face by some of the world's leading companies
- Give you the freedom to explore, experiment, and implement out-of-the-box ideas
- Provide excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more
Why Join Us?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 12 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are-and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Back to top