Splunk Systems Engineer
CSC is looking for a Splunk Engineer top join our Infrastructure Services team. The Splunk Engineer will manage, maintain, and upgrade a large-scale Splunk environment in our Wilmington, DE office. While the primary responsibility of this position will be the Splunk environment, the candidate will also have a secondary role in supporting a large multi-site Linux environment.
The Infrastructure Services team supports the whole CSC enterprise through implementation and support of exciting new technologies. As a strong and reliable team, we work together in a fast-paced environment to deliver and maintain a vast array of technology solutions to our growing lines of business. As a member of the Infrastructure Services team, you are valued as a key player and reliable contributor within a fun and creative technology-driven organization.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Design, engineer, configure and administer Splunk content
- Assist in the proper operation and performance of Splunk, loggers and connectors
- Integrate data feeds (logs) into Splunk
- Perform Content Development to properly identify data feeding SIEM's and correlation of events
- Develop filters to assist in the identification of significant events
- Provide recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk products in the customer environment
- Write and develop custom scripts, programs as needed
- Perform engineering, architecture, and Tier 3 level support for a wide array of enterprise technology solutions.
- Create technical documentation related to system configurations, process, procedure, and knowledgebase articles.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to team members and other infrastructure resources.
What technical skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with the design, configuration, and support of Splunk 6.x, or similar
- Comprehensive experience with Splunk.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent job experience.
- Comprehensive experience with configuration management systems like Puppet, Ansible, or Salt.
- Hands-on experience with VMware ESX 5 or similar virtualization technology.
- Experience with HCI appliances such as Nutanix, EMC VSPEX, HP StoreVirtual, Hitachi UCP, etc.
- Strong skills scripting in bash, Perl, python, awk, sed, etc.
- Shell scripting experience with at least one scripting language: Bourne shell, sed, awk, Perl, or python.
- Strong focus on automation.
- Strong commitment to customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to think strategically and proactively (rather than reactionary)
- Ability to work in a fast passed, highly dynamic environment and "learn on the job".
Why join us?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 11 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
- Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are—and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Customer Service Leader, Digital Brand Services
Ewa is shaping the Service and Account Management Teams toward a vision of complete customer alignment—satisfying clients‘ online security and brand enforcement needs on a strategic level.
Back to top