The CSC Solution Architect (SA) will be responsible for the oversight and direction of the enterprise solutions across all of CSC Business Units. The SA will lead business unit architects through the creation of business and technical architecture that meets customer requirements, optimizes delivery execution and partners with the internal technology organization to foster rapid business innovation and outcomes. The SA will be intimately familiar with our enterprise roadmap, technology footprint and serve as the liaison between Business Partners, Solution Directors and Product Owners.
The SA will demonstrate a passion for understanding customer needs and evaluating emerging technologies to support the aspirations of One CSC Vision. The SA will guide the construction of solution focused architectures based on CSC solution delivery notebook, Enterprise Architecture principles, industry standards, business and technical capabilities. The SA will foster stewardship and documentation of sufficient architectural views and use continuous improvement methods to create and gain adoption of durable standards that ensure understanding of developed solutions.
The SA will be able to simplify and articulate complex ideas and make both strategic and tactical decisions. The SA in this role will practice design thinking, attentive listening and actively engage other technical and business leaders throughout the organization to form recommendations. The SA will motivate others to perform all duties with a focus on quality of work and create a culture of professional development, accountability and self-awareness.
The SA will provide guidance throughout the complex merger and acquisition integration process. The SA will work collaboratively with the newly acquired enterprise to ensure targeted acquisition integration activities are completed on time.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Building and growing strong and effective relationships within CSC and its business units
- Leads solution architecture design to solve CSC's most complex business and technical needs
- Recommends and participates in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with the enterprise's long-term business objectives
- Advises and recommends enterprise architecture strategies, processes and methodologies
- Translates business needs into optimal technical systems solutions. Designs integrated hardware, software and network interfaces to form solutions to meet business needs
- Evaluate and recommends products that will evolve the organization's technical infrastructure to meet business needs
- Partner with CSC technology group to ensure that the target architecture achieves business capability goals while creating the platform to reduce time to market
- Partner with CSC software engineering group to establish more explicit connectivity of technology architecture to business and process architecture, promoting reuse of capabilities and existing enterprise solutions
- Work with the Enterprise Data team to develop a data strategy in support of target architecture
- Ensure consistency across technology implementations by working closely with delivery project teams, 3rd party vendors and other groups to establish and maintain effective standards and technology governance, including performing advisory role on complex initiatives
- Work with the SDLC & DevOps Lead to define in-house software development processes that are compliant with CSC policies and standards
- Develop and maintain a repository of architecture documentation, including detailed as-is application architecture, to-be application/reference architecture, integration architecture technology standards, application strategic postures, etc.
- Identifying new opportunities and weighing solution alternatives against often competing objectives
- Contributing extensively to the ongoing collection, development, review and adoption of architecture and development standards and best practices.
What technical skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- Strong experience and demonstrated success in design and deployment of solutions required
- Experience with Merger & Acquisitions
- Enterprise architecture design and implementation required
- Communication and execution of IT strategies required
- Ability to lead, develop and grow effective teams required
- Value based decision making, design thinking required
- Experience with techniques and practices of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Service Oriented Architecture, Master Data Management, Product Development and Enterprise Application Integration patterns, techniques and tools required
- Experience in development with one or more technology stacks (e.g. C#/.NET or JEE) required
- Business value justification and business case development preferred
- Understanding and practice of applying TOGAF or similar framework preferred
- Pega, Salesforce and Oracle Integration suite experience highly preferred
- ALFABET (EA Tool) experience preferred
Why join us?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 10 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are—and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Customer Service Leader, Digital Brand Services
Ewa is shaping the Service and Account Management Teams toward a vision of complete customer alignment—satisfying clients‘ online security and brand enforcement needs on a strategic level.
Back to top