Software Test Engineer
- Chicago, IL
The safety and security of CSC's current and prospective employees, customers, and the communities we serve are our first priority.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, we have transitioned to virtual interviews for the foreseeable future. We look forward to all upcoming video and phone interview conversations with our prospective candidates.
We are always in search of top talent to join the CSC family. If you are looking for a career change, don't hesitate to apply or reach out to us. We'll have virtual interactions until we are able to move forward again with in-person interactions.
Are you are passionate about helping people grow, value making a positive impact, and working with great people in an innovative culture-we are, too!
We are seeking a Software Test Engineer that is eager to advance their career as part of our growing Development team. As a Software Test Engineer, you'll be responsible for the mission-critical services that keep our team up and running. You will be responsible for the fulfillment of QA verification of product release functionality to ensure it operates within dictated measures for defect rates and design standards. This involves building automation frameworks, modifying/developing C# to incorporate those frameworks, and mentoring QA engineers in best practices of automation.
- Acts as guardian of software quality
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure that the CSC Corptax products meet and maintains a high level of quality through building and leveraging testing tools, frameworks, and tests.
- Produce well written test plans to clearly articulate each projects testing approach.
- Participating in the planning and execution of the latest technologies, solutions and software quality standards along with and participating in building the processes and tools to maintain high quality product code throughout the release cycle.
- Review product business and technical specs with the ability to provide feedback
- Collaborating with developers to ensure the product meets functional, quality, performance, scalability, privacy, and security specifications through tools, automation and breakthrough test technologies.
- Continually drive and mentor all of Technology to align with the CSC Corptax QA Guiding Principles.
- Share knowledge with other Test and Software Engineers to drive the most effective test strategies possible.
- Positively contribute to the culture, well-being, and growth of each team member and the company at large by being a helpful and considerate team member and by adhering to CSC Corptax's core values.
- Professional experience in building, executing, maintaining, and conducting regression tests, functional tests, and performance tests (both load and stress tests) as well as the ability to identify, build and maintain test data sets and benchmarking results.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience producing test plans and test reports for consumption by multiple stakeholders, including Test Engineers, Software Engineers and other technical and non-technical parties.
- Experience in constructing basic SQL statements is a must
- Ability to understand complex problems and work with other engineers (Development and Testing) to determine how to use effective testing strategies to maximize test coverage and reliability
- Demonstrated self-motivation to work independently as well as part of a high performing Scrum Team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write code for test automation solutions or building testing software with tools that include C#, Web Driver, ASP.NET, SQL is a very strong plus
- Exposure to Azure DevOps is a strong plus
- Exposure to Azure and/or other cloud platforms are a strong plus
- Experience with Angular, Karma, and Jasmine is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in technical quality assurance OR High School Diploma / GED and at least 8 years of experience in or technical quality assurance.
- CSC Corptax is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are-and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve.
Our diversity is our strength. Our employees create an environment where everyone is valued and respected. Diverse teams give us a competitive advantage and drive innovation. We are empowered to do what is right for each other and our customers. Though we have many diverse employees, we are one company that encourages everyone to bring their best selves to work every day. We're better together. Some people call this diversity and inclusion-we call it being genuine. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Back to top