Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer
CSC is looking for a Software Test Engineer to work as a member of an Agile Development team with the primary focus to analyze functional and non-functional requirements and other relevant artifacts necessary to design and execute tests to verify all project requirements. Test Engineer team members are expected to contribute to continuous improvement in the team's ability to deliver software solutions with an emphasis on quality and speed to market.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- The identification, creation and execution of automated and manual application functional and regression tests to verify acceptance criteria. This includes User Facing, Web Service and Database levels.
- Contributes to the design, development, implementation and maintenance of automated testware (scripts, functions, programs, processes) to increase the efficiency of testing processes, including Continuous Integration.
- Contributes to the definition, development and control of the testing environments.
- Works with the team to solve problems and improve efficiency especially for following software testing and automation methodologies, processes, best practices and techniques adopted by CSC.
- Participates in the test review, and test asset management, and configuration management processes within a continuous delivery pipeline.
- Works within an Agile team to deliver quality, consistency and promoted continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Information Systems or related discipline or equivalent job experience.
- 2-3 years' experience working with Scrum or Agile development methodologies preferred
- 2-3 years' experience testing web services and web applications is preferred.
- Experience with UI and web services automated testing tools and Selenium frameworks is preferred.
- Experience within a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery framework preferred.
- Experience working in a Java environment is preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical senior management and line staff are a requirement.
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 11 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are-and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Chrissy fosters three development teams, facilitating new product development systems for CSC’s clients, assisting her teammates to reach solid decisions, and protecting her developers from outside negative interferences.
Back to top