Software Engineer - Java
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the architectural design and development of our applications. Additional opportunities may include serving as mentor to developers in quality software engineering practices. CSC's uses Java-based, web applications comprised of EJB, Spring, Struts and Hibernate. Our multi-module systems use an Oracle database and Weblogic application servers. Our applications interface with several internal systems using messaging technologies, including JMS and web services.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- The Java umbrella of technologies
- Web application development - Servlets, MVC, Struts, SpringMVC, JSP
- Application server development - Service layer patterns using Spring/Hibernate/EJB
- Multiple RDBMS – SQL – Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer
- J2EE server environments - WebLogic, Tomcat, and others
- Unix and/or Linux platforms (for support and deployment purposes)
- Version control systems – SVN
- IDEs – Eclipse, IntelliJ
- Build technologies – Ant / Maven / AntHill
- Testing frameworks – Junit, Mockito
- Commitment to good design principles – SOC, SRP, IOC, ….
- Use of NoSQL technologies such as Mongo DB
- Search technologies such as SOLR
- REST and Resource Oriented Approaches
What technical skills, experience and qualifications do you need?:
- 8+ years of design and development of highly scalable web-based Java applications
- Experience with the design, development, testing and deployment of enterprise class web-based applications
- Desire to work in a global Agile/Scrum software development team
- Develop new software solutions and in-production application improvements
- Strong desire to achieve team success and an ability to mentor colleagues globally in quality software engineering practices
- Strong emphasis on QA best practices and industry-leading processes
- Strong commitment to Agile
- Strong commitment to Devops, Process Improvement and Acceptance Test-Driven Development
Why Join Us?
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for ten consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities– Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We're building a new headquarters that will support current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are—and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
At this time, the position requires eligibility to work in the US without employer sponsorship
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Customer Service Leader, Digital Brand Services
Ewa is shaping the Service and Account Management Teams toward a vision of complete customer alignment—satisfying clients‘ online security and brand enforcement needs on a strategic level.
Back to top