Software Engineer - Java
Want to see your ideas in action? We do too.
Software Engineer - Java
If you like building innovative solutions, you'll fit in perfectly at CSC - the world's leading provider of digital brand, business, legal, and tax services. We use technology to make businesses run smoother and smarter and we need talented Software Engineers like you to make this happen!
In our Digital Brand Services division we effectively manage, promote, and secure our clients' valuable brand assets against the threats of the online world. Leading companies around the world choose us to be their trusted partner, including most of the Interbrand® 100 Best Global Brands.
Our platform is a combination of web applications, big data platforms, web crawlers, and much more. As a Java Software Engineer you'll have access to a wide range of technologies and influence how we build new solutions going forward.
Our organization needs a self-starter who is passionate about making a difference, working within team, and delivering high quality software.
What you'll do for us
- Write software in Java as a full-stack developer who will implement solutions from the user interface all the way down to the database
- Build stable, scalable, and secure backend services and APIs
- Build software deployment pipelines using CI/CD best practices
- Be an active participant in the SCRUM software development process by working closely with other team members to deliver working software
- 2+ years experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience in Spring/SpringBoot
- Front end experience in HTML, CSS, and template engines like Thymeleaf, JSP, or FreeMarker
- Data modeling and design using ORM frameworks like JPA
- Proficient in SQL
- NoSQL Databases
- Git and GitHub
- Jenkins & CI/CD fundamentals
- Kubernetes & Docker
Why join us?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 12 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
- CSC understands the importance of work life balance and our work schedule has built in flexibility to accommodate the demands of everyday life. For example, working some portion of the week from home is common within our Infrastructure Services team.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are-and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Back to top