Site Reliability Engineer
Enjoy partnering with in-house experts to build innovative solutions? Ditto.
Site Reliability Engineer
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will apply expertise in the area of application performance monitoring (APM) and runtime application self-protections. You will be learning and gaining a deep understanding of CSC's compliance and legal services (CLS) application stack. With the goal of applying industry standards and best practices to help improve our existing application monitoring tools and processes. In this role you will be working to improve our awareness around application failure points and helping to set the strategic direction around our application monitoring tools. A key part of your role will be to obtain buy-in from technical teams to implement your recommendations.
What you will do for us
- Reduce technology risks, leveraging APM tools/technology
- Provide guidance to application development teams on application monitoring best practices
- Review and validate existing application monitoring patterns and practices with the application teams
- Will be responsible for centralized application monitoring practice across all development teams feeding both a business-wide view of our monitoring, and a focused tactical view on high priority recommendations to remediate.
- Develop, socialize, and maintain application monitoring dashboards for business and development stakeholders
- Assist in investigations and remediation of issues with the goal of providing improved application monitoring as a preventative measure
- Participate and guide application monitoring training initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Information Systems or related discipline or equivalent job experience
- 3-4 years of experience with application monitoring tools.
- Previous experience with Splunk is a plus
- Experience around creating monitoring for RESTful and SOAP API's
- Experience with systems and network infrastructure, specifically reading and interpreting communication logs generated from network communication and related alerts
- Strong analytical skills and ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and effectively
- Familiar with application monitoring methodologies
- Exceptional customer service, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical senior management and line staff are a requirement
- Familiarity with Agile development practices a plus
- Empower you to find your own innovative solutions to challenges face by some of the world's leading companies
- Give you the freedom to explore, experiment, and implement out-of-the-box ideas
- Provide excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more
Why Join Us?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 10 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are-and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Chrissy fosters three development teams, facilitating new product development systems for CSC’s clients, assisting her teammates to reach solid decisions, and protecting her developers from outside negative interferences.
Back to top