Senior Windows System Engineer
Windows Core Services – Senior Infrastructure Engineer
CSC is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the Windows Core Services – Infrastructure Engineering Team. As a senior engineer on this team you will be responsible for the design, administration, and support of all Windows Server roles and features as well as various additional enterprise technologies, including VMware. Microsoft Server roles and features supported by this team include Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, DFS, File Server, NPAS, SCCM, as well as Windows server security patching. The technologies this team supports are considered critical to business and this allows this team to add a significant amount of value to company by ensuring that these services are secure and stable while maintaining the highest level of performance and scalability.
The Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for all aspects of these technologies from Enterprise wide projects to operational issues and outages where they perform the function of an escalation point to our operational support team in the event they are unable to resolve an issue or outage. Additionally as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will be asked upon at times to mentor and provide training to junior and mid-level engineers on the team.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Responsible for the design, administration, and support of Microsoft server based products.
- Design, implement, and administer a wide array of enterprise technology solutions.
- Create technical documentation related to system configurations, process, and procedure
- Monitor and manage team ticket queue ensuring that problems are responded to accurately and effectively
- Participate in operational escalation point rotation with other team members
- Reduce downtime through proactive identification of service improvements
- Identify, develop, and implement resolution paths for repeatedly reported problems
- Work with vendors to create bill of materials when necessary for projects
- Identify opportunities for automation and process improvements
- Participate in a scheduled on-call rotation, which may include afterhours and weekend work.
- Adapt to a fast paced, ever changing technology landscape and high pressure environment Include the essential responsibilities/functions of the job
- Provide leadership and mentoring to junior and mid-level engineers on the team
What technical skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- 5+ years of experience in as Windows Server Engineer
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- 3-5 years of experience troubleshooting and administering windows server roles and features including but not limited to Group Policy, RADIUS, NPAS, DNS, DHCP, and DFS
- Experience utilizing Powershell to automate repeatable tasks and gather information a must
- Experience administering and supporting Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) a must
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools such as Solarwinds.
- Experience administering and supporting VMware including Vcenter, Veeam, and SRM
- Experience with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) a plus
- Experience with Nutanix Hyperconvered solutions a plus
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize competing demands related to short and long term projects, operational demands, and strategic plans
- Experience in technical writing, specifically documenting technical configuration and troubleshooting information.
- Keen attention to detail while managing projects, communicating project status thoroughly, and meeting project deadlines
- History of providing mentorship to less experienced team members
Why join us?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 11 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are—and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Customer Service Leader, Digital Brand Services
Ewa is shaping the Service and Account Management Teams toward a vision of complete customer alignment—satisfying clients‘ online security and brand enforcement needs on a strategic level.
Back to top