Senior Web Systems Engineer
Senior Web Systems Engineer
CSC is looking for a Senior Web Systems Engineer to join our Infrastructure Services team. As a Web Systems Engineer you will be architecting, implementing and supporting various applications, servers, environments & related services. Someone who is experienced with installing and upgrading Unix/Linux and Web environments consisting of Tomcat and WebLogic will be successful in this role. Our most successful employees are service oriented and work well in a team environment.
The Infrastructure Services team supports the whole CSC enterprise through implementation and support of exciting new technologies. As a strong and reliable team, we work together in a fast-paced environment to deliver and maintain a vast array of technology solutions to our growing lines of business. As a member of the Infrastructure Services team, you are valued as a key player and reliable contributor within a fun and creative technology-driven organization.
Some of the things you will you be doing:
- Architect, implement and support various applications, servers, environments and related services.
- Implement, manage, install and upgrade our Unix/Linux and Web environments consisting of: Oracle WebLogic, Microsoft IIS, RHEL 5.x & 6.x, Tomcat, F5, SonicMQ, Solaris 10, and other related software both commercial and open source.
- Working closely with developers for process improvements, recommendations and alternatives to current state applications.
- Working in a 20% design and 80% engineer capacity.
What technical skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent job experience.
- Experience with configuration management systems like Puppet, Chef.
- Experience with deployment tools like Anthill, TeamCity.
- Experience with source code management tools like git, subversion.
- Experience with VMware ESX 5 or similar virtualization technology.
- Experience with Oracle WebLogic, Apache, Tomcat and IIS Web Servers.
- Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 or greater.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 or greater.
- Shell scripting experience with at least one scripting language: Bash, sed, awk, Perl, python or ruby.
- Understanding of LDAP directories and web-based single sign on (SSO) methodologies.
- Understanding of DNS
- Understanding of L7 content switching (e.g. F5 load balancers)
- Understanding of SAN and NAS (Storage) technologies
- Strong commitment to customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to think strategically and proactively (rather than reactionary)
- Ability to work in a fast passed, highly dynamic environment and "learn on the job".
Why Join Us?
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a top workplace for nine consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities– Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
- Flexible Schedule with work from home options.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are—and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Customer Service Leader, Digital Brand Services
Ewa is shaping the Service and Account Management Teams toward a vision of complete customer alignment—satisfying clients‘ online security and brand enforcement needs on a strategic level.
Back to top