Senior SQL Database Engineer
- Chicago, IL
The safety and security of CSC Corptax's current and prospective employees, customers, and the communities we serve are our top priorities.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, we have transitioned to virtual interviews for the foreseeable future. We look forward to all upcoming video and phone interview conversations with our prospective candidates.
We're always in search of top talent to join the CSC Corptax family. If you're looking for a career change, don't hesitate to apply or reach out to us. We'll have virtual interactions until we're able to move forward with in-person interactions.
Do you value rewarding software development projects, working with the latest Microsoft® tools, access to training and career advancement, and working with great people in a positive culture?
We do too!
Software engineering at CSC Corptax is core to how we serve our customers and is one of our differentiators in the marketplace. Our innovative, reliable, and award-winning tax automation solutions are built on a culture that emphasizes teamwork, agility, and the ability to think beyond the obvious by leveraging the experience and tenacity of our people.
At CSC Corptax, successful Database Engineering Team members should have a strong working knowledge of the latest Microsoft tools and technologies used to develop .NET web applications. You'll play an active role in the design and development of features for our cloud-based commercial tax software. You'll also help identify and leverage exciting new technologies, define best practices, and guide the optimization of a large and growing technology portfolio. Any company can build an application, but we're striving to deliver an innovative end-to-end tax platform that enables business agility.
We are seeking highly motivated and passionate Senior Database Developer to join the team here at Corptax. In this role you will help design, develop and maintain the database side of our commercial software product. We are a Microsoft environment and feature the many of the latest development tools including SQL 2017, Visual Studio 2017, TFS 2017, Azure, Cloud Services, TypeScript, Angular 4, C#, and more.
- Design, develop and maintain the database side of our commercial software product
- Identify areas for database schema and code improvement
- Troubleshoot and resolve performance and resource usage issues
- Research, prototype and apply latest database technologies
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on SQL development
- Proven and demonstrable experience in database programming
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2017 and its eco system
- Experience with Azure, Power BI, machine learning is a plus
- Good understanding of software development process
- Microsoft SQL Server performance tuning and troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Self-starter, can work autonomously with limited direction
- Strong problem solving skills; Delivers effective solutions to difficult issues
- Strong sense of urgency, Bias for action and pragmatism
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation and benefit programs including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, and vacation plans are just a few of the many available perks
- Continuous on-the-job training, mentoring, Visual Studio and Pluralsight subscriptions, and the opportunity to learn from experienced and talented software professionals
- Opportunity to work with customers directly and have an immediate and direct impact on their work
- Sit or stand work stations, dual monitors available, SSD hard drives, i7 CPU, 64gb machines
- A casual work environment with flexible schedules and work-from-home options
- Our diversity is our strength. Our employees create an environment where everyone is valued and respected. Diverse teams give us a competitive advantage and drive innovation. We're empowered to do what is right for each other and our customers. Though we have many diverse employees, we're one company that encourages everyone to bring their best selves to work every day. We're better together. Some people call this diversity and inclusion-we call it being genuine. CSC Corptax is an Equal Opportunity Employer
#corptax #remote #LI-DNP
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are-and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve.
Our diversity is our strength. Our employees create an environment where everyone is valued and respected. Diverse teams give us a competitive advantage and drive innovation. We are empowered to do what is right for each other and our customers. Though we have many diverse employees, we are one company that encourages everyone to bring their best selves to work every day. We're better together. Some people call this diversity and inclusion-we call it being genuine. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Back to top