Senior Software Engineer
- Wilmington, DE
The safety and security of CSC's current and prospective employees, customers, and the communities we serve are our first priority.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, we have transitioned to virtual interviews for the foreseeable future. We look forward to all upcoming video and phone interview conversations with our prospective candidates.
We are always in search of top talent to join the CSC family. If you are looking for a career change, don't hesitate to apply or reach out to us. We'll have virtual interactions until we are able to move forward again with in-person interactions.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the architectural design and development of our applications.Additional opportunities may include serving as project lead on some projects, and mentor to developers in quality software engineering practices.
Some of the things you'll be doing:
● Design, implement, deploy new enhancements to our Customer Platform Java applications
● Create and maintain REST and SOAP web services
● Support existing Spring MVC (JSP/jQuery) UIs; maintain and/or build new Angular UIs
● Create PL/SQL Oracle scripts to create, and maintain, database tables/views/triggers/packages/procedures, and data update scripts as needed
● Participate in Sprint meetings
● Work with business analysts and leads from other teams to aid in new development and provide support as needed
● Technically lead a small team in the planning, development and rollout of new features to the product
What technical skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
● 7+ years of design and development of highly scalable web-based Javaapplications
● Experience with the design, development, testing and deployment of enterprise class web-based applications
● Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL a plus
● A desire to work in a global Agile/Scrum software development team
● Previous experience developing new software solutions and in-production application improvements
● The ability to lead a project from the technical perspective, working closely with the business analyst and any impacted teams.
● Strong desire to achieve team success and an ability to mentor colleagues globally in quality software engineering practices
●TheJava umbrella of technologies
● Web application development -SpringMVC, Servlets, JSP
● Application server development - Service layer patterns using Spring/SpringBoot/Hibernate/EJB/JPA
● Multiple RDBMS - SQL - Oracle
● J2EE server environments - Tomcat, Weblogic, and others
● Web Services: REST and SOAP
● Unix and/or Linux platforms (for support and deployment purposes)
● Version control systems - SVN, Git & GitHub
● IDEs - Eclipse, IntelliJ
● Build technologies - Jenkins, Maven / AntHill, CI/CD fundamentals
● Testing frameworks - Junit, Mockito
● Commitment to good design principles - SOC, SRP, IOC, ….
● Search technologies such as SOLR
● Strong commitment to Agile
● Strong commitment to Devops, Process Improvement and Acceptance Test-Driven Development
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are-and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve.
Our diversity is our strength. Our employees create an environment where everyone is valued and respected. Diverse teams give us a competitive advantage and drive innovation. We are empowered to do what is right for each other and our customers. Though we have many diverse employees, we are one company that encourages everyone to bring their best selves to work every day. We're better together. Some people call this diversity and inclusion-we call it being genuine. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Back to top