Senior Software Developer
- Gaithersburg, MD
The safety and security of CSC's current and prospective employees, customers, and the communities we serve are our first priority.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, we have transitioned to virtual interviews for the foreseeable future. We look forward to all upcoming video and phone interview conversations with our prospective candidates.
We are always in search of top talent to join the CSC family. If you are looking for a career change, don't hesitate to apply or reach out to us. We'll have virtual interactions until we are able to move forward again with in-person interactions.
Senior Software Developer
If you like building innovative solutions, you'll fit in perfectly at CSC - the world's leading provider of digital brand, business, legal, and tax services. We use technology to make businesses run smoother and smarter and we need talented Software Engineers like you to make this happen!
In our Digital Brand Services division, we effectively manage, promote, and secure our clients' valuable brand assets against the threats of the online world. Leading companies around the world choose us to be their trusted partner, including most of the Interbrand 100 Best Global Brands.
Our platform is a combination of web applications, big data platforms, web crawlers, and much more. As a Java Software Engineer you'll have access to a wide range of technologies and influence how we build new solutions going forward.
Our organization needs a self-starter who is passionate about making a difference, working within a team, and delivering high quality software.
Some of the things you'll be doing:
● Write software in Java as a full-stack developer who will implement solutions from the user interface all the way down to the database
● Build stable, scalable, and secure backend services
● Build software deployment pipelines using CI/CD best practices
● Be an active participant in the SCRUM software development process by working closely with other team members to deliver working software.
To be successful in this role, you will need...
● 8+ years of experience developing software
● Proficiency in the SpringFramework; SpringBoot is a plus!
● Experience creating interactive user experiences with HTML, CSS, a JavaFramework such a JQuery, AngularJS, React, etc.
● Demonstrable experience architecting software systems, microservices, messaging systems, etc.
● Proven ability to mentor other development team members.
● Experience building applications in an AWS cloud environment
● Hands on experience with other programming languages, such as Python, NodeJS, C/C++, etc.
● Firm understanding of and experience with: NoSQL Databases; Git and GitHub; Jenkins & CI/CD fundamentals; Kubernetes & Docker.
● A four-year degree in Computer and Information Sciences, or other relevant degree in the field.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are-and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve.
Our diversity is our strength. Our employees create an environment where everyone is valued and respected. Diverse teams give us a competitive advantage and drive innovation. We are empowered to do what is right for each other and our customers. Though we have many diverse employees, we are one company that encourages everyone to bring their best selves to work every day. We're better together. Some people call this diversity and inclusion-we call it being genuine. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Back to top