Senior Linux Engineer
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
CSC is looking for a Senior Unix/Linux System Engineer to join our Infrastructure Services team. The Engineer wll design and implement various applications, servers, environments and related services at our London, UK office. The Engineer will also be responsible for implementing, managing, installing & upgrading our Unix/Linux & Web environments that include Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, Apache, Tomcat, F5, SonicMQ, sendmail, postfix and related software, both commercial and open-source.
The Infrastructure Services team supports the whole CSC enterprise through implementation and support of exciting new technologies. As a strong and reliable team, we work together in a fast-paced environment to deliver and maintain a vast array of technology solutions to our growing lines of business. As a member of the Infrastructure Services team, you are valued as a key player and reliable contributor within a fun and creative technology-driven organization.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Responsible for the design, administration, and deployment of server hardware, Unix Operating Systems, back office services, and business critical applications.
- Perform engineering, architecture, and Tier 3 level support for a wide array of enterprise technology solutions.
- Create technical documentation related to system configurations, process, procedure, and knowledgebase articles.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to team members and other infrastructure resources.
What technical skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent job experience.
- Comprehensive experience with configuration management systems like Puppet, Ansible, or Salt.
- Hands-on experience with VMware ESX 5 or similar virtualization technology.
- Experience with HCI appliances such as Nutanix, EMC VSPEX, HP StoreVirtual, Hitachi UCP, etc.
- Comprehensive experience with Cloudera and Hadoop.
- Comprehensive experience with Splunk.
- Strong skills scripting in bash, Perl, python, awk, sed, etc.
- Experience with Oracle WebLogic and Apache web servers.
- Experience with modern high availability techniques including Veritas clustering, RedHat Linux clustering or Oracle RAC.
- Shell scripting experience with at least one scripting language: Bourne shell, sed, awk, Perl, or python.
- Understanding of LDAP and SSO technologies.
- Understanding of DNS software such as Bind or PowerDNS.
- Understanding of L7 content switching (e.g. Cisco ACE, Foundry, or F5 load balancers)
- Strong focus on automation.
- Strong commitment to customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to think strategically and proactively (rather than reactionary)
- Ability to work in a fast passed, highly dynamic environment and "learn on the job".
Why join us?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 11 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are—and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Customer Service Leader, Digital Brand Services
Ewa is shaping the Service and Account Management Teams toward a vision of complete customer alignment—satisfying clients‘ online security and brand enforcement needs on a strategic level.
Back to top