Application Security Architect
As an Application Security Architect, you will be working with our Engineering Services team to ensure security is part of our application development teams DNA. You will be researching and helping to implement information security standards; helping to remediate system security, vulnerability analysis, risk assessments and providing recommendations to facilitate better application security practices and standards around our architecture/platforms. You will be assisting to maintain security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and helping to conducting training programs.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Conduct security assessments against web applications and APIs across a variety of technology stacks; perform periodic penetration tests against multiple targets.
- Partake in reviews with the InfoSec and architecture team(s) to ensure we incorporate adequate security requirements +/ privacy by design into our systems and applications where feasible.
- Provide guidance on prioritization and remediation of security issues.
- Tune security tools utilized in-house, automating security test cases throughout the development lifecycle where practical.
- Be at the ready to respond to incidents when they occur along with your fellow team members.
- Be our inside hacker hero/heroine, partnering with all teams to keep our dynamic services on the move, all the while "protecting the house".
- Reviewing and validating security testing results with application teams and Information Security (InfoSec)
- Participate, recommend and guide secure development training initiatives.
- 10+ years of Application Development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Cyber Security or Engineering or related field of study
- At least 2 years of experience working with security architectures
- Previous experience architecting security for application/products
- Strong understanding of PCI concepts
- Expert in both application and database security
- Proficient in the secure software development lifecycle
- Experienced with identity, authentication and authorization systems
- Good understanding of cryptographic trust based systems
- Previous coding experience required
- Security expertise in one or more relevant areas is preferred
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 10 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are-and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Chrissy fosters three development teams, facilitating new product development systems for CSC’s clients, assisting her teammates to reach solid decisions, and protecting her developers from outside negative interferences.
Back to top