Ready to go the extra mile? We are too.
CSC ® is the world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. Our clients include many of the Fortune 500, FTSE100, CAC 40, and DAX 30 companies.
The Capital Markets Europe team is a newly-formed division and provides our institutional clients with a comprehensive range of specialist debt and capital markets administration services.
In this role, you will work closely with senior client accountants and senior management to provide accounting and financial services for capital market transactions. This role would suit an ambitious, energetic accountant keen to progress further in a dynamic, rapidly-growing business.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Setting up/maintaining the general ledger for new/existing clients through transaction research and assessing the applicable accounting treatment for a variety of Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV's)
- Responsible for posting journal entries and keeping up to date accounting records for a portfolio of SPVs
- Preparing annual statutory financial statements including notes and disclosures under IFRS or local GAAP and in compliance with relevant company law
- Liaising with auditors to produce audited financial statements to meet statutory and other deadlines
- Preparing routine monthly and quarterly management accounts and other client deliverables
- Preparing and filing of quarterly regulatory returns to the Central Bank of Ireland
- Preparing and filing of VAT returns, Corporation Tax returns and iXBRL tagged financials
- Resolving technical accounting issues which arise on an ad-hoc basis through liaising with all parties
- Working with the accounting team towards process improvement and efficiencies
- Gaining familiarity with a diverse range of capital markets structures and products
What technical skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- Newly qualified ACA or ACCA accountant
- 3+ years' experience in a relevant role in an accounting firm or financial services company
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with some audit experience
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to meet tight deadlines
- Team player, with strong problem solving skills
- Conscientious and diligent, with high attention to detail
- Professional, friendly demeanour with enthusiasm for the role
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Why join CSC Capital Markets?
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 12 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including salary sacrifice pension with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, study package and more.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are-and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Back to top