Project Manager - Corptax
Corptax, a CSC Company, a market leader in leading-edge commercial tax software and process solutions. Our cloud-based applications set the trend for financial technology, and attract tech-savvy individuals who get an adrenaline rush from creative success. You'll hang with some of the brightest technology minds in Chicago, and improve business processes for the world's most recognizable companies. All of this magic happens in a casual setting with a high energy that drives independent thinking and new ideas. A solid salary and benefits package complements your professional growth for a new level of job satisfaction. We are seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join Corptax in our Buffalo Grove, IL office. Visit our website at: http://www.corptax.com .
The Project Manager will establish and maintain an environment where the smartest and most productive software professionals are motivated to do their best work. That leadership ensures that teams create and maintain the web-based e-commerce software-as-a-service which is the foundation of Corptax's market leadership. We are seeking an experienced technical leader with a strong desire to lead global agile teams (with Scrum), following test-driven, extreme programming, and lean software development principles.
- Foster transparency and visibility, and radiate information - ensure that a team's progress, obstacles, and successes are highly visible to all stakeholders, including the team itself
- Be self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, lessons-learned, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration,
prioritization, team accountability and visibility.
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition.
- Act as liaison, working closely with the support team on client issues
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of project related defects/bugs.
- Assist as needed with backlog maintenance.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders.
- Gain and maintain a detailed understanding of business goals and platform capabilities.
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best
- Create and maintain process documentation.
- Perform additional tasks as necessary.
- Develops standards, processes and controls for configuration and release activities
- Manages customer upgrade process - preview environment, sandboxes, staging solution, etc
- Establishes and facilitates release team meetings, coordinates issues and facilitates solutions pertaining to the release process, and maintains release documentation
- Log, track and escalate high priority project issues affecting ability to deliver quality products according to plan
- Have an undergraduate degree in areas related to Management
Information Systems or Business Administration.
- CSM and CSP desired
- Have at least 3-5 years previous agile / scrum project management experience within a software development environment.
- Solid understanding in software development lifecycle, configuration and change control management
- Strong organizational and cross-team communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Chrissy fosters three development teams, facilitating new product development systems for CSC’s clients, assisting her teammates to reach solid decisions, and protecting her developers from outside negative interferences.
Back to top