Enterprise Project Manager
The primary purpose of the project management role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined or may require dynamic change management in order to deliver business value.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required activities and tasks.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle, and confer with project staff to outline work plan.
- Establish work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Implement project communication plan.
- Perform risk assessment, and implement mitigation plans.
- Monitor project activities, ensuring the currency, quality and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and "look and feel" across the enterprise.
- Ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
- Assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority to project personnel
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel, and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Continuously benchmark project management performance to identify improvements and achieve higher capability maturity in PPM.
- Primary Contacts
- Project sponsor and/or key stakeholders
- Project team/staff (including designated users or customers)
- Business unit (BU) management/executives
- Business analysts
- User/customer product owner
- External service providers'/consultancies' project manager(s)
What technical skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems or related field; project management and/or general business management, or equivalent related IT experience. PM training and certification desirable, but not required.
- Five or more years of IT experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated competency in project management role involving the execution of multiple projects or a large project
- Three or more years of BU or BU-facing experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team
- Demonstrated experience and ability in successfully utilizing "soft skills" or "people skills"
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others; demonstrating empathy and knowledge of personality types
- Familiar with project management methodologies (for example, PMI, Prince II and agile)
- Knowledge of project planning tools
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills, as this is a highly visible position with substantial impact
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment where this role may not directly control resources
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project resource plan that ensures that the right people are in the right place doing the right things at the right time
Why join us?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 10 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are—and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Customer Service Leader, Digital Brand Services
Ewa is shaping the Service and Account Management Teams toward a vision of complete customer alignment—satisfying clients‘ online security and brand enforcement needs on a strategic level.
Back to top