- Chicago, IL
If you value rewarding software development projects, access to training and career advancement, and working with great people in a positive culture-we do too! Come help us create automation software for over 50% of the Fortune 500 companies.
CSC Corptax transforms the business of tax through cutting-edge technology, business process expertise, and award-winning customer support. Our software is the first and only single system on the market offering unmatched automation that aligns processes and workflows, enhances transparency, improves accuracy, and lowers risk across the corporate tax life cycle. We support almost 1,000 clients in 100 countries, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 60% of the Fortune 100, nationally.
The Project Manager
You will establish and maintain an environment where the smartest and most productive software professionals are motivated to do their best work. The Project Manager will plan, track, and coordinate project execution for one or more development teams, and your leadership ensures that the teams create and maintain the software-as-a-service application which is the foundation of Corptax's market leadership.
- Leading and driving critical projects identified for the release.
- Proactively and diplomatically address or drive issue resolution across teams. Maintains focus and professionalism when facing challenges under pressure.
- Works with Development teams to define project scope, objectives, project plans, milestones, release schedules, resource allocation, and measures of success.
- Develops a high-level understanding of our products and environment, as well as building credibility to become a team coach and a bridge between Development and key stakeholders outside of technology group.
- Build consensus among stakeholders
- Provide leadership from project definition to completion in order to optimize the value of the project to the organization
- Create project dashboards and reports to track progress, provide project team transparency, while providing a clear understanding of project health, and using appropriate project metrics to collect, analyze and discuss with the leadership team.
- Develops standards, processes and controls for configuration and release activities
- Facilitates project meetings, ceremony meetings, and post project reviews. Holds the team accountable to come to meetings prepared, and own action items or process improvement outcomes that result. Prioritizes stakeholder feedback appropriately
- Log, track and escalate high priority project issues affecting ability to deliver quality products according to plan
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have strong knowledge of project management techniques and tools within various software development methodologies ( i.e. Waterfall, SDLC, Agile)
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and verbal/written skills for technical and non-technical audiences, including C-Suite.
- Experience supporting large scale, highly available, complex SaaS platforms
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects at a time
- Ability to coordinate tasks across functional groups, manage cross-functional projects to completion, communicate and coordinate with a wide variety of individuals and teams
- Experience with TFS/Visual Studio
- PMP preferred, not required
CSC Corptax strives to help our clients make better, smarter decisions while providing a workplace that fosters career growth, ongoing learning and development, pride in ownership, and creativity. Learn more at corptax.com/.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are-and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve.
Our diversity is our strength. Our employees create an environment where everyone is valued and respected. Diverse teams give us a competitive advantage and drive innovation. We are empowered to do what is right for each other and our customers. Though we have many diverse employees, we are one company that encourages everyone to bring their best selves to work every day. We're better together. Some people call this diversity and inclusion-we call it being genuine. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Back to top