- Strong communication skills and presentation skills: Agile product managers need to be able to clearly communicate with their team and stakeholders about the product vision, goals, and progress and have a high level of comfort presenting to internal executives, stakeholders, external customers and managing customer expectations.
- Adaptability: Agile methodologies involve frequent changes to the product roadmap, so agile product managers need to be able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Collaboration: Agile product managers need to work closely with their team and stakeholders to ensure that everyone is aligned and working towards the same goals.
- Time management: Agile product managers need to be able to manage their own time effectively and help their team do the same, in order to deliver high-quality products on tight deadlines.
- Problem-solving: Agile product managers need to be able to research, identify, and solve problems that arise during the product development process.
- Technical expertise: Depending on the product, it may be helpful for agile product managers to have a strong technical background or understanding of the technologies being used.
- Leadership: Agile product managers need to be able to lead and motivate their team to deliver the best possible product.
- Drive cross team, end-to-end scenarios, and customer experiences including building and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Computer Science
- Certified Product Manager (CPM) or Certified Product Marketing Manager (CPMM) preferred
- 5+ years of recent software industry or product management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong organization skills and ability to work independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated experience working with agile development methodology
- Energetic and enthusiastic self-starter
- Attention to detail
We are the premier global business, legal, and financial services company providing knowledge-based solutions to clients worldwide. Based in Wilmington, Delaware, USA, we have locations and capabilities in more than 140 jurisdictions in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East, with more than 7,500 employees. We are the business behind business.®
Working with us means entering a dynamic, international, and growth-oriented company. Diverse teams give us a competitive advantage and drive innovation. We're committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people who create an environment where everyone is valued and respected. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We've been voted a Top Workplace every year since 2006.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Many positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- CSC offers excellent benefits. Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus or commission plans based on role and individual performance.
Careers | CSC (cscglobal.com) Visit our careers site to learn more about CSC's diversity and belonging program, as well as our commitment to our clients, communities, and each other.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.