MarTech IT Specialist—Backend Engineer/Developer
- Wilmington, DE
The safety and security of CSC's current and prospective employees, customers, and the communities we serve are our first priority.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, we have transitioned to virtual interviews for the foreseeable future. We look forward to all upcoming video and phone interview conversations with our prospective candidates.
We are always in search of top talent to join the CSC family. If you are looking for a career change, don't hesitate to apply or reach out to us. We'll have virtual interactions until we are able to move forward again with in-person interactions.
Do you like partnering with in-house experts to build innovative solutions?
So do we.
Marketing Technology Engineer
Marketing Technology Team
CSC is looking for a talented and versatile marketing technology engineer to join our in-house MarTech team. As a MarTech engineer, you will be part of a team that is responsible for the security, stability, speed, and scalability of our marketing technology stack. Applicants must have some familiarity with content management systems, website and database hosting platforms, and programming languages. This role requires strong skills in problem solving, incident response, project and time management, business communication, and customer service.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Working with the servers, databases, DNS, content management systems, third-party tools, and proprietary scripts associated with our 15+ web properties
- Managing the backup and restoration process for all websites and databases
- Conducting security scans on our websites
- Conducting technical SEO (search engine optimization) audits and implementing changes
- Tracking vulnerabilities and other defects to remediation/resolution
- Monitoring and continually improving site speed and uptime
- Assisting CSC's Senior MarTech Engineer with other projects or tasks as assigned
What technical skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- Familiarity with content management systems-Joomla and WordPress are a plus
- Familiarity with Cloud hosting platforms-Microsoft Azure and SiteGround are a plus
- Familiarity with hosting and database management platforms-cPanel/WHM, phpMyAdmin, MySQLWorkbench are a plus
- Ability to manage common web hosting tasks such as CMS installation, SFTP connections, cron jobs, error diagnostics, and more
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Knowledge of DevOps tools is a plus
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are-and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve.
Our diversity is our strength. Our employees create an environment where everyone is valued and respected. Diverse teams give us a competitive advantage and drive innovation. We are empowered to do what is right for each other and our customers. Though we have many diverse employees, we are one company that encourages everyone to bring their best selves to work every day. We're better together. Some people call this diversity and inclusion-we call it being genuine. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Back to top