Lead Software Test Engineer
Want to see your ideas in action?
We do too.
Lead Software Test Engineer
CSC has embarked on a project to transform its business and set the stage for future growth. CSC senior leadership has framed a five year mission called Project Everest which includes business transformation as a key component to build scalable, repeatable and agile processes and technology to support the future growth of the company
It is exciting time to join Project Everest. Everest is CSC's transformation vehicle to implement best in class Enterprise grade programs and processes across the organization. Project Everest is a multi-year project to address core system and process deficiencies which are the root cause of transaction problems. Quality Assurance is one of the key pillars to make any Enterprise successful. We are looking for Quality Assurance leaders who can bring in their passion, years of experience and expertise in the area of Testing and Testing Automation to help build a fantastic program that will be leveraged for all Everest needs.
What you'll do for us
- Define, drive and govern testing and quality strategy for business-wide projects and initiatives.
- Provide the quality perspective of large scale project plans which span multiple teams and business units.
- Coordinate testing which spans multiple teams and business units, with respect to large software releases, technical upgrade projects, and production incidents as necessary.
- Design, implement, document, mature, and govern standardized quality assurance practices for the business unit.
- Mentor quality assurance team members across the business unit's development teams, both in group and one-on-one settings.
- Perform impact and cost/value analysis on process improvements, tool evaluations, and other quality maturity efforts.
What we'll do for you
- Empower you to find your own innovative solutions to challenges face by some of the world's leading companies
- Give you the freedom to explore, experiment, and implement out-of-the-box ideas
- Provide excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more
Technical skills, experience and qualifications that will make you successful in this role
- 7+ years Quality Assurance experience or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Information Systems or related discipline.
- Applied subject matter expertise stretching across all aspects of quality assurance and test methodology, especially Functional, Usability, Reliability, Performance, Supportability.
- Demonstrated experience with continuous delivery, automation, performance, security, monitoring and reporting is a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical senior management and line staff are a requirement.
- Technical depth spanning multiple application architectures and technology stacks, especially microservice based Java or .NET technology stacks .
- Experience working both within the Agile/Scrum development methodology and with large scale iterative development projects
- Experience leading testing/quality efforts across multiple teams and projects is a plus.
Why Join Us?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 12 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are-and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Chrissy fosters three development teams, facilitating new product development systems for CSC’s clients, assisting her teammates to reach solid decisions, and protecting her developers from outside negative interferences.
Back to top