CSC is looking for an Incident Manager to join its Global Service Desk within our Infrastructure Services team. The Incident Manager (IM) manages the Critical Incident process, overseeing service restoration or impact reduction. The IM ensures timely escalation and engagement, manages outage communications, and supports root cause analysis. This position will ensure that all critical incidents are identified, triaged and resolved. Additionally, this position will be responsible for ensuring that all root cause analysis is documented for critical incidents and delivered to the respective Product owners.
The Infrastructure Services team supports the whole CSC enterprise through implementation and support of exciting new technologies. As a strong and reliable team, we work together in a fast-paced environment to deliver and maintain a vast array of technology solutions to our growing lines of business. As a member of the Infrastructure Services team, you are valued as a key player and reliable contributor within a fun and creative technology-driven organization.
Some of the things you will you be doing:
- Manage the process to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible to minimize the impact to business operations
- Initiate, manage and lead a conference call of relevant parties (subject matter experts, team members)
- Provide a verbal summary of the business impact and urgency of the incident to call participants
- Provide to the technical bridge participants specific details of the incident with steps to reproduce, if possible.
- Document Troubleshooting steps taken and their results, to avoid repeating the same tests.
- Ensure the CSC Incident Management communication process is followed, so that communications occur in accordance with business expectations.
- Manage each incident through to resolution.
What technical skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; the ability to communicate clearly and confidently on conference calls, in meetings, via email, etc. at all levels of the organization is essential.
- Ability to quickly assess/triage the nature of a reported problem
- High-level knowledge of overall system infrastructure and applications
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate a structured approach to problem solving; logical and methodical.
- Business focus – demonstrate the ability to learn and understand the business and financial impact of an incident and articulate it to create a sense of urgency
- Able to set priorities, pursue multiple threads at the same time, accurately reflect current state and drive towards desired state.
- Able to translate technical incidents into business terms.
- Able to facilitate conversations with large groups of remote people.
- Strong understanding of ITIL and Incident Management practices.
- 5+ years of experience in an Enterprise 24x7 Network Operations Center or Production Support environment required OR
- 5+ years Customer Service experience, Incident and Problem Management required.
- Customer focus and ownership - displays initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Experience working in large and complex operations environments.
- Exposure and familiarity with change, problem and release management.
- Four year College degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Technical experience in network and server administration, including hands on experience.
- Experience with monitoring technologies.
- Web, IAM and Cloud experience a plus.
Why join us?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 10 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are—and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Customer Service Leader, Digital Brand Services
Ewa is shaping the Service and Account Management Teams toward a vision of complete customer alignment—satisfying clients‘ online security and brand enforcement needs on a strategic level.
Back to top