As a Financial Analyst you will gather and analyze sales and operations data and make recommendations for action based on conclusions of analysis. The Financial Analyst will also make recommendations to constituents with regard to system and process improvements. Someone who is highly organized and thrives in a fast paced environment will do well in this position. Our most successful employees are service oriented and work well as a team player.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Working closely with senior management you will ultimately be responsible for the production of detailed business plans, identifying value creation opportunities and enhancing overall business performance
- Will partner with Senior Management, Accounting and Finance to deliver the most accurate picture possible of business performance and make recommendations to improve that performance.
- Responsible for day to day performance metrics of assigned businesses.
What technical skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- 3 – 7 years' experience preparing / analyzing budgets & forecasts
- Business experience in financial analysis / financial planning working for a medium or large company
- Demonstrated expertise in advanced data querying, manipulation and analysis
- Experience with key financial metrics such as return on investment, discounted cash flow analysis, internal rate of return, payback, etc.
- Capital investment planning, analysis and management
- Experience with Return on Investment (ROI) process development including template creation and process execution.
- Financial process development from inception through conclusion, including the ability to efficiently socialize and educate said process, at all levels, across the enterprise
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Excel (VBA preferred)
- Strong experience in database query functionality in Microsoft Access, Business Objects, or other reporting tools
- Experience working with Oracle, Hyperion, or similar systems
- Ability to pull and analyze data from multiple sources and develop recommendations
- Ability to spot emerging trends based on analysis of large amounts of data
- Ability to design and create summary level reports for management and carry out ad hoc reporting and analysis projects
- Thorough understanding of operational metrics and accounting
- Ability to manage multiple projects, shifting priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Superior communication skills and ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the company with a focus on senior management.
- Strong process improvement skills a plus
- Formal analytical training / education – (MBA or Currently Enrolled in Program) experience a plus
Why join us?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a top workplace for 11 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities– Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We're building a new headquarters that will support current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
- Flexible schedule
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are—and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Customer Service Leader, Digital Brand Services
Ewa is shaping the Service and Account Management Teams toward a vision of complete customer alignment—satisfying clients‘ online security and brand enforcement needs on a strategic level.
Back to top