Desktop Support Engineer
Global Desktop Support Engineer
As a Global Services Team member, you will work with the latest technologies in a dynamic and fast paced environment- developing software/hardware standards, engineering client computing solutions, and supporting CSC end users by fixing problems and optimizing user productivity.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Providing phone support as the regional first level responder.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and provide support to CSC users on a wide range of hardware, Operating Systems, and software- on the phone, via tickets, or in person.
- Work as a team member on enterprise projects, such as company-wide hardware upgrades, application deployments, acquisitions, moves and upgrades.
- Administer and support the CSC Virtual Desktop Infrastructure - this includes managing the VDI infrastructure, deploying virtual desktops, and troubleshooting problems.
- Create technical documentation related to system configurations, process, procedure, and knowledgebase articles.
- Manage IT Service Requests/Incidents via Cherwell ticketing system.
What technical skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- 3+ years of experience in a Desktop Support role within an enterprise organization supporting Windows 7 through 10, Microsoft Office, Active Directory, Group Policies and desktop profiles.
- Some experience with physical servers, switches, routers, and managing wiring closets.
- A collaborative team member with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to travel to nearby sites.
- Asset management of local and regional inventory following corporate guidelines
- Ability to provide clear/concise communications to customers, all levels of the organization and project teams.
- Experience with Windows Operating System imaging, software packaging/distribution, and Microsoft patch management - Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and Windows Deployment Services.
- The ability to constantly adapt to a fast paced, ever changing technology landscape filled with smart phones, virtual desktops, and a wide array of desktop computing hardware/software.
- Able to manage incidents and liaise with offshore technology teams to resolve, escalate issues.
- Experience with document imaging and printing solutions, such as supporting multi-function print/scan/fax devices.
- Experience in technical writing, specifically documenting technical configuration and troubleshooting information.
- The ability to lift and carry computer equipment (up to 50lbs).
- Experience with SCCM (preferred)
- Experience supporting Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) – VMware and Citrix XenDesktop (preferred)
- Experience supporting thin-client terminals – thin client terminal (preferred)
- In most circumstances candidates requiring an Employment Pass or S-Pass in order to work in Singapore will not be considered for this position
Why Join Us?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 10 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are—and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Customer Service Leader, Digital Brand Services
Ewa is shaping the Service and Account Management Teams toward a vision of complete customer alignment—satisfying clients‘ online security and brand enforcement needs on a strategic level.
Back to top