Desktop Support Engineer
Desktop Support Engineer
CSC is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to join our Infrastructure Services Team. As a Desktop Support Engineer, you will work with the latest technologies in a dynamic and fast paced environment- developing software/hardware standards, engineering client computing solutions, and supporting CSC end users by fixing problems and optimizing user productivity.
The Infrastructure Services team supports the whole CSC enterprise through implementation and support of exciting new technologies. As a strong and reliable team, we work together in a fast-paced environment to deliver and maintain a vast array of technology solutions to our growing lines of business. As a member of the Infrastructure Services team, you are valued as a key player and reliable contributor within a fun and creative technology-driven organization.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Responsible for the design, administration, and deployment of a wide array of workstation hardware, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat productivity suites, and other common enterprise applications.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and provide support to CSC users on a wide range of hardware, Operating Systems, and software- on the phone, via tickets, or in person.
- Work as a team member on enterprise projects, such as company-wide hardware upgrades, application deployments, acquisitions, moves and upgrades.
- Administer and support the CSC Virtual Desktop Infrastructure - this includes managing the VDI infrastructure, deploying virtual desktops, and troubleshooting problems.
- Create technical documentation related to system configurations, process, procedure, and knowledge base articles.
- Participate in a scheduled on-call rotation which may include after hours and weekend work.
What technical skills, experience and qualifications do you need?:
- 3+ years of experience in a Desktop Support role within an enterprise organization supporting Windows 7 and 8.1, Microsoft Office, Active Directory, Group Policies and desktop profiles.
- A collaborative team member with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to provide clear/concise communications to customers, all levels of the organization and project teams.
- Experience with Windows Operating System imaging, software packaging/distribution, and Microsoft patch management - Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and Windows Deployment Services.
- The ability to constantly adapt to a fast paced, ever changing technology landscape filled with smart phones, virtual desktops, and a wide array of desktop computing hardware/software.
- Experience with document imaging and printing solutions, such as supporting multi-function print/scan/fax devices.
- Experience in technical writing, specifically documenting technical configuration and troubleshooting information.
- The ability to lift and carry computer equipment (up to 50lbs).
- Experience with supporting Apple MacBooks (preferred)
- Experience with SCCM and Dell KBox (preferred)
- Experience supporting Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) – VMware and Citrix XenDesktop (preferred)
- Experience supporting thin-client terminals – thin client terminal (preferred)
Why Join Us?
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for ten consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities– Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
Established in 1899, Corporation Service Company® (CSC®) is a dynamic, high-growth company headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware. We are a privately-held business and an industry leading international company dedicated to making business easier, less risky, and more profitable. We provide information and workflow solutions to the world's largest companies, law firms, and financial institutions. We strive to provide exceptional service while creating an environment where our people can stretch their capacity to grow and develop their careers. CSC employs people throughout North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. Learn more about us at www.cscglobal.com. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Customer Service Leader, Digital Brand Services
Ewa is shaping the Service and Account Management Teams toward a vision of complete customer alignment—satisfying clients‘ online security and brand enforcement needs on a strategic level.
Back to top