The safety and security of CSC's current and prospective employees, customers, and the communities we serve are our first priority.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, we have transitioned to virtual interviews for the foreseeable future. We look forward to all upcoming video and phone interview conversations with our prospective candidates.
We are always in search of top talent to join the CSC family. If you are looking for a career change, don't hesitate to apply or reach out to us. We'll have virtual interactions until we are able to move forward again with in-person interactions.
The primary purpose of Data Scientist is to explore and utilize large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization. The ideal candidate must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating predictive algorithms and creating/running simulations. The candidate should have a proven ability to drive business driven data-based insights and must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate should have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Some of the things you'll be doing:
• Work with various business units throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
• Work with business stakeholders to create a prioritized list of needs for each business segment.
• Ability to mine and analyze data from various data sources to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business opportunities.
• Identify and recommend new ways to streamline business processes.
• Use statistical methods to depict trends, analyze data patterns in complex and large data sets to drive operational insights.
• Use predictive modeling techniques to increase and optimize revenue generation, Customer behavior patterns and other business outcomes.
• Develop processes and apply tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
What technical skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
• Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, Statistics, information systems, business or related field; or equivalent related experience.
• Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
• Experience working with data science tools such as Alteryx, Tensor Flow or SAP Predictive Analytics.
• Experience using machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
• Demonstrate leadership qualities and work independently with or without minimal guidance.
• Able to work independently with various stakeholders in gathering requirements and presenting data insights.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
• A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
• 3+ years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
• Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques.
• Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, forecasting, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
• Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.
• Strong experience in various databases such as Oracle, MS SQL Server etc. with PL/SQL programming knowledge.
• Strong exposure to ETL tools such as Informatica and MS SQL Server Integration services.
• Strong proficiency in visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using Business Objects reporting suite.
• Exposure to 3rd party providers such as Google Analytics, D&B Customer data etc.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are-and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve.
Our diversity is our strength. Our employees create an environment where everyone is valued and respected. Diverse teams give us a competitive advantage and drive innovation. We are empowered to do what is right for each other and our customers. Though we have many diverse employees, we are one company that encourages everyone to bring their best selves to work every day. We're better together. Some people call this diversity and inclusion-we call it being genuine. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
WHY WORK WITH CSC?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 120 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
• CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace every year since 2006.
• We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
• Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus or commission plans based on role and individual performance.
• CSC offers excellent benefits, medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending and health savings account. We also offer you 401(k) with employer match and profit sharing, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
• Our global standard for our work environments supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points with wireless access throughout the campus. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.