Business Analyst - Corptax
Corptax, a CSC company, is a market leader in leading-edge commercial tax software and process solutions. For more than 35 years, Corptax has supported the evolving tax needs of the world's most recognizable and sophisticated organizations. We provide solutions to a multitude of Fortune 1000 firms, including more than 50% of the Fortune 500 and nine out of the top 10.
The successful candidate will participate in the software development life cycle including research, documentation, testing, and release, and serve as a liaison between technical and non-technical departments in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
We currently have an opening for a Business Analyst at either our Chicago, IL or Buffalo Grove, IL offices. This person will be a member of an agile development team that delivers tax software solutions to support business objectives. This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Develop requirements documentation based on research of industry standards and best practices to describe desired functionality
Lead respective areas of Product Ownership including updating help, monitoring enhancement requests, sales enablement and other activities as needed
Develop clear, user-centric user stories, process diagrams, and wireframes to clarify the desired solutions
- Articulate and demonstrate requirements in a clear, concise manner to both technical and non-technical groups
- Support software testing and the QA team to ensure business requirements are fully satisfied
- Work closely with Corptax subject matter experts, development, content management and others to develop functional requirements for existing as well as potential products
- Collaborate with product managers to understand product vision; advocate for and communicate this vision clearly to stakeholders
- Support other projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in relevant topics (IT or Computer Science coursework preferred)
Previous experience in Business / Systems Analysis
- Positive, can-do attitude that can work responsively in a dynamic environment
- 3-5 years related experience with proven track record of success
Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact professionally with people at all levels and technical writing skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective, respectful and trusting relationships with clients and colleagues
- Strong organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to re-prioritize across multiple projects
- Excellent attention to detail
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Chrissy fosters three development teams, facilitating new product development systems for CSC’s clients, assisting her teammates to reach solid decisions, and protecting her developers from outside negative interferences.
Back to top