Application Security Manager
Want to see your ideas in action?
We do too.
Application Security Manager
If you like finding and implementing innovative solutions, you'll fit in perfectly at CSC. The world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services, we use technology to make businesses run smoother and smarter. And as an Application Security Manager, that's what you'll be doing, too.
What you'll do for us
- Develop and manage an enterprise application security program to guide and assist business unit security teams in best practices for secure development and application vulnerability management
- Develop and manage a team responsible for providing application security services that comply with established policies, procedures and standards.
- Working within an Agile development organization
- The position requires expertise of application security risk, cloud architecture, application threat modeling, policy writing
- Excellent knowledge on security concepts: Web Access management, static and dynamic testing, Single Sign On, Federation, SAML, OAuth2.0, API Gateways and relevant IT architectures.
- Promote DevSecOps culture in development teams and drive adoption of tools and practices as the teams transform to DevSecOps.
- Assist with the implementation and execution of the application security program
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training, and motivation, as necessary to develop staff.
- Develops strong working relationships with business unit development leaders.
- Recommends the most appropriate system solutions in accordance with the business units long term goals and systems architectural guidelines and policies.
- Develops and implements operational plans to achieve departmental objectives.
- Manages special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates activities and interacts extensively across department lines.
- Engage with the Business and DevOps partners using a consultative & partnering approach
- Evangelize application security within the company and work with Application Development teams to incorporate new program direction into applications
What we'll do for you
- Empower you to find your own innovative solutions to challenges faced by some of the world's leading companies
- Give you the freedom to explore, experiment, and implement out-of-the-box ideas
- Provide excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more
What technical skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience preferred
- Ten years' software development experience, Five years secure development experience
- Created or led application security team
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analysis and problem solving
- Expert knowledge of the following project methodology practices and concepts: Secure software development, static and dynamic testing, web application firewalls
- Ability to educate, mentor, consult and present to technical development staff
- Deep understanding of web application attacks including SQLi, XSS, XXE, and other common security issues
- Security Testing methodologies and related tools such as Fortify, WebInspect, BurpSuite, WihteSource
Why join us?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 12 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are-and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Back to top