As an Accountant, you will be performing various job functions including but not limited to preparing financial data, creating analyses of monthly results, and reporting accurate financial information. We are looking for someone for our Wilmington, Delaware location that has exposure to public or industry accounting. Someone who is highly organized and thrives in a fast paced environment will do well in this position. Our most successful employees are service oriented and work well as a team player.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure financial data accurately reflects the financial position of the company
- Compile, adjust and evaluate various accruals to ensure their accuracy
- Assist with month-end close to ensure the accuracy of financial results
- Identify and implement efficiencies in the monthly close process.
- Perform analysis of monthly operating results to explain trends to business leaders.
- Assist with preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual board reporting package and management reporting package for several businesses to ensure accurate financial information is presented to management
- Establish and maintain appropriate financial process routines and internal controls to ensure the accuracy of financial results and improve operational efficiency.
- Prepare relevant documents and financial data for annual audits and work with external auditors to ensure all audit requirements are met and audit issues are resolved
- Work effectively with business leaders to proactively drive key initiatives to conclusion
What technical skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required, CPA a plus
- 1-4 years of experience in public accounting and/or industry accounting, including internships
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and line staff.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials a plus.
- A history of detail-oriented multi-tasking in fast-paced, deadline-driven, customer-focused environment.
Why join us?
At CSC®, we're always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
- CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 11 consecutive years.
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
- Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
- CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. It's an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
CSC is the world's leading provider of business, legal, financial, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the unwavering partner for 90% of the Fortune 500®, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand®), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients are—and we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of CSC's Employees
Customer Service Leader, Digital Brand Services
Ewa is shaping the Service and Account Management Teams toward a vision of complete customer alignment—satisfying clients‘ online security and brand enforcement needs on a strategic level.
Back to top