Telematics/Connected Operations Manager
Telematics/Connected Operations Manager
R2907 Telematics/Connected Operations Manager (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
Our members are living in a connected world where smarter products and changing expectations are disrupting our industry! Are you a courageous risk taker that continually stays in the forefront of technological innovation? Join us and help drive the introduction of new and innovative telematics - UBI technologies into a market that is poised for exponential growth. Be part of an agile-centric team that imagines and leads new disruptive business models. Are you looking for a caring company that is committed to exceptional service? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, in our Walnut Creek, CA office.
While we've been named a 'best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our dedication to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA Members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us the most.
As a Telematics/Connected Operations Manager, you will help us achieve our goal by providing exceptional service within a growing environment. Under general direction of Connected and Advanced Solutions Executive, you will implement the telematics/connected vision, operating plan and strategy. You are responsible for the overall business/system performance and operational stability of the CSAA UBI/telematics program. You have a proven record of accomplishment pertaining to leadership, direction and accountability for department goals and processes. With your prior experience, you can successfully manage the development of annual budget, including human, physical and other company assets
You are Responsible for managing all activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance and successful performance of telematics operations, process and reporting systems. You can recommend methods to improve efficiency, service and cost reduction. With your experience and skillset, you can utilize a combination of managerial, professional, business and technical systems knowledge and skills.
A typical day leading as Telematics/Connected Operations Manager may include:
- Develops goals and objectives and establishes timetables for deliverables. Directs evaluation of performance measurements, reports findings and makes recommendations for changes to business systems. Provides analysis, recommendations and consultation to senior management.
- Manages, directly and through subordinate professionals and resources of other organizational departments, all administrative and functional telematics operations. This includes, but not limited to, productivity, defect and quality management, enhancement and development release approval, reporting, system analytics, vendor management, contract negotiations and customer care.
- Prepares short and long range planning for administrative services operations and improvements to processes. Establishes and recommends change to policies that affect the department. Develops and monitors operational and budget processes. Manages systems and procedures to protect departmental assets.
- Develops operational goals and objectives for department.
- Works with Connected/Telematics Executive to identify, execute and manage transactional work streams to help accomplish business objectives. Develops automated solutions to improve efficiencies and accountability. Reviews existing work processes to prioritize and execute internal department improvements.
- Makes hiring decisions, conducts performance evaluations, recommends salary actions, Administers promotions, transfers and disciplinary procedures as necessary. Evaluates and makes recommendations to existing training programs for employees. Monitors staff performance and establishes productivity measures on an ongoing basis, to achieve short and long-term results.
- Manages operational budget. Reviews and approves monthly expense reports, reconciliation and other resource reporting. Manages all activities related to the development and testing of programming changes or systems enhancements, some of which may collaborate with the other core organizational systems.
- Performs business systems analysis and analysis of test results, development of user documentation for program including procedures, manuals and user guides.
- Provides guidance and leadership to professional analysts in the completion of projects and ongoing tasks relating to the design, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of a business unit's processes and systems.
- Reviews performance measurements to determine the types of analysis needed, determines priorities and accesses resource needs accordingly.
- Understands the importance of the end consumer experience and uses this as the basis for driving the quality, priorities and performance of all related systems.
- Represents the user /member's need for continuous improvement of the experience.
- Provides consultative support to senior leadership regarding systems proposals, budgets, and timeframes.
- Establishes budgets for development of projects/enhancements.
- Coordinates analysis efforts with other areas in the enterprise.
As a valued member of our community, you will:
- Grow: Achieve career growth by continuously crafting your skills through on-the-job experience, exposure to others and formal education opportunities
- Collaborate: You will be a part of a growing organization that is passionate about our AAA members and one another every single day.
- Join a team dedicated to seeking out and incorporating different perspectives to drive and improve results
- Volunteer: You will have the opportunity to receive paid time off to participate in community volunteer service projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Data analytics and consumer experience driven mindset.
- Knowledge and previous experience managing telematics operations across a variety of device technologies, including OBDII dongle and mobile.
- Advanced knowledge of departmental processes, protocols, policies and objectives. Maintains knowledge of standard methodologies related to functional area. Maintains professional status through membership in professional organizations and specialized courses and seminars.
- Ability to direct and manage departmental activities and to assess goals for individuals and department. Strong ability to multi-task a variety of projects, people and processes.
- Relevant experience in product development, management and implementation methodologies including those involving product iteration, agile development, user acquisition, multi variant testing and retention strategies.
- Proven ability to take initiative and identify operational opportunities that require attention and resolution. Ability to execute with minimal direction - resulting in tangible outcomes.
- Demonstrated history of cross-functional team collaboration with marketing, product management, development, third party vendors, and internal partners
- Ability to utilize the existing architecture and environment to provide new insights and "bootstrap" when needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills coupled with ability to convey complex ideas in simple understandable charts/graphs
- Experience with customer support management, account management and vendor management
- Fiercely independent worker with the flexibility to work with frontline customer care reps through senior level managers within organizations
- Ability to perform in an environment with ambiguity and where priorities can shift quickly
- Self-starter willing to make decisions and take calculated risks, willing to accept failure and persistence to continue to attempt new solutions
- Proficiency with Sales Force Marketing Cloud, Jira/Confluence, Excel and Access, Google and other analytics platforms, rudimentary SQL query development
- Ability to rigorously prioritize a large volume of work for multiple constituents
- Solid understanding of ETL processes and data modeling and flow
- Understands all areas of the UBI business model and supporting departments
- Excellent project planning and task management, business systems support functions and project costing techniques
- Previous experience as a project leader/manager for the business portion of developmental applications or major systems enhancements
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills. Ability to interact with others.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills to effectively manage several priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, conduct meetings and deliver formal presentations.
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills. Analytical skills to assess operations problems and develop solutions/improvements
- Excellent managerial skills
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree in related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years telematics, UBI or connected technology operations management experience
- 5+ years supervisory or management experience
- 3+ years customer service management
CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health care plans, including medical, dental, vision, and tax-deferred spending accounts.
- Employee assistance, healthy pregnancy and wellness programs.
- Paid time off, plus nine paid holidays and 24 hours of volunteer time off.
- 401(k) plus company matching up to 6% and a cash balance pension program.
- Paid training, tuition reimbursement, self-service training and career development opportunities.
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees have enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
We communicate via email, so check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us. Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Must have authorization to work indefinitely in the US
Back to top