Talent Management Leader
External candidates: In order for your application to be correctly processed please sign-in before you apply
Internal candidates: Please go to Workday and click “Find Jobs” link under Career
Thank you for considering opportunities with us!
Questions? [email protected]
Talent Management Leader
R1299 Talent Management Leader (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
Are you a skilled Talent Management or Organizational Development professional looking for an opportunity to define and build a suite of next-generation talent programs? CSAA Insurance Group is seeking a Talent Management Leader to design, implement and manage its strategic people projects. These efforts include the company’s performance management, talent review & succession planning, career and development planning, and employee engagement processes. Additional opportunities include involvement in leadership development and employee/leader selection. He/she will be, or will become, conversant in best practices in the field and will apply innovation, business-driven design principles, and appropriate amount of risk taking to deliver the best-possible business solution.
The Talent Management Leader is a key member of the Talent & Learning Program Design team. As an individual contributor, he/she will make full use of internal and external resources to drive improvements in HR service delivery and effectiveness. He/she will work closely with the HR Business Partners and the HR Consultants on design and execution. These groups serve as the delivery channel for the strategies and processes the Talent Management Leader champions. Additionally, the Talent Management Leader will work closely with the Talent Analytics and Reporting team, HR Business Partners, and business leaders in defining and building appropriate metrics/dashboards to track progress and inform the business. The goal would be to enable the business to proactively and crisply identify key opportunities and levers to accelerate CSAA IG’s ongoing evolution.
- Work with business leaders and the HR Business Partners to continue the evolution of CSAA IG’s performance management philosophy and approach
- Lead the company’s annual Talent Planning process – an effort that includes development of departmental people strategies, Talent Review meetings, and succession plan development.
- Design and evolve the company’s approach toward career development and developmental planning. This could potentially include career path documentation, management of a stretch assignment marketplace, involvement in mentoring efforts, technological tools, and more.
- Continue to evolve our competency model by updating the competency definitions and scaling as required with business/strategy changes and the addition of new roles/job profiles.
- Work closely with the HRIS team to configure Workday to meet the business needs and to take advantage of new Workday functionality.
- Manage our Employee Engagement process and evolving year-round “employee listening strategy”.
- Based on best practices and business needs, propose and track key people metrics to be used to measure effectiveness of people programs throughout the enterprise.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Talent Management experience: 5+ years of experience working in partnership with HR or in HR helping to design and execute talent processes within a business setting. This may be as a Talent Management or Organizational Development professional, Human Resources Business Partner, or Business Leader
- Project Management: Demonstrated track record of success in designing, managing and implementing large strategic cross-business projects
- Change Management: Experience in change management and/or continuous improvement methodologies/technologies. An understanding of the key change management elements involved in executing enterprise-wide people programs
- Strategic Thinking: Proven ability to operate strategically and translate business goals/objectives into strategic talent demands and measures
- Relationship Building: Demonstrated ability to build and manage strong partnerships across multiple levels with business and HR Leaders. Experience utilizing established relationships to gain support from or influence others
- Communication: Excellent business writing and presentation skills including the ability to describe and translate complex concepts to business leaders in simple terms to drive change and results
- Critical Thinking: Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to develop solutions on-the-fly
- Technical Expertise: Experience in the configuration and use of human capital management software (Workday, Oracle/PeopleSoft, SAP/SuccessFactors) and the use of metrics/analytics to measure and guide success preferred
- Innovative: Ability and willingness to learn from experience and apply that learning in anticipating and successfully adapting to new, novel and changing conditions. Ability to work among ambiguity and rapidly changing demands
- Expandable: Capable of assuming roles of greater responsibility within the HR or business organization
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business, Psychology, Communications, Human Resources or related field. Advanced degree preferred
- Values-driven: Strong alignment to CSAA Insurance Group’s values
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Disaster Recovery Specialist
Barbara focuses on preparing both tools to combat cyber attacks from hackers and backup and recovery programs that can be applied in the event of a large-scale technology disaster.
Back to top