Subrogation Supervisor (Inside Physical Damage)
Subrogation Supervisor (Inside Physical Damage)
R1905 Subrogation Supervisor (Inside Physical Damage) (Open)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Supervises and directs the Subrogation Inside Physical Damage group with responsibility for maintaining the performance, rapid, high quality service for the entire claims group. Ability in developing goals and targets in support of the department strategy, planning, budgeting and staffing. Contributes to expense management through effective best practices. Executes current subrogation processes and procedures to deliver the monthly and year-end department recovery goals. Develops and enhances skill sets of employees to ensure their success as Physical Damage and Subrogation professionals. The ideal candidate will contribute to expense management through effective best practices. Provides leadership over the Subrogation recovery process through file quality reviews, back-log prioritization, outside vendor relationship management, directing daily distribution of workload to employees with the responsibility for delivering monthly and year-end goals. Supports innovation and recommends improvements and solutions to operational processes of respective area of accountability.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
Participates in Personnel activities in cooperation with the Manager and Human Resources:
- Responsible for overseeing Inside Physical Damage and support Subrogation Specialists in regards to physical damage training and estimating. Monitors and adjusts performance criteria, ensures department goals and objectives are met; directs continuous process improvement efforts within unit with an ongoing focus on improving customer service and delivery.
- Communicates and enforces administrative policies, operating procedures and safety rules, communicates changes in policy and procedures, ensures compliance of company procedures and DOI regulations, monitors workload distribution for staff, arranges and conducts meetings as required for the efficient operation of the department, participates in team meetings when needed, monitors customer service levels in department and ensures ongoing service quality improvement at every level.
- Responsible for human resources functions to include:
- Recruiting and interviewing prospective employees.
- Conducting performance appraisals
- Recommending salary actions including promotions and terminations.
- Administering disciplinary procedures in conjunction with management.
- Recognizes employee's achievements.
- Counsels employees on performance issues, promotes growth and development of staff thorough coaching and mentoring, provides feedback and guidance to staff relative to productivity, responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates training needs of employees and ensures employees receive training relevant to their job duties and with a focus on achieving superior customer relations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge and understanding of Diminution of Value regulatory process
- Possesses demonstrated technical knowledge and skills of auto-body repair practices and procedures
- Comprehensive understanding of automobile repairs, insurance contracts and regulatory process.
- Valid automobile operator's license may be required depending on assignment.
- Must possess strong inter-personal and negotiating skills and the ability to interact with others in a professional and tactful manner.
- Ability to work well without direct supervision.
- Ability to prioritize work, organize time, and balance multiple projects.
- Ability to supervise employees in virtual environment.
- Position requires strong decision-making, leadership and motivational skills.
- Requires the ability to coach, mentor, evaluate and provide training, guidance and constructive feedback to professional staff.
- Must possess strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Position requires ability to communicate effectively in both writing and verbally, and conduct meetings and deliver formal presentations.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of HR policies and procedures.
- Must have proficient analytical and computer skills.
- Ability to work with inside and outside vendors.
- Working knowledge of changes and developments in the insurance industry.
Company Claims Procedures:
- Ensures compliance of company procedures and Department of Insurance (DOI) regulations
- Responsible for ensuring DOI and Customer complaints are resolved in a timely manner
- Understands and oversees all company Diminution of Value Claims
- Sets and monitors required goals and targets for the staff in support of the Enterprise, Divisional and department strategy.
- Monitors workload and reviews claims to ensure quality processing.
- Oversees the investigation, processing and conclusion of all claims.
- Reviews files with adjuster for proper procedures, accountability and positive recovery results
- Performs Quality Assurance Reports (QARS).
- Works collaboratively with other departments on projects and offers assistance with expertise.
- Manages the Subrogation phone queue.
- Oversees the use of internal and external resources to effectively manage costs, and best practices for subrogation.
- Trains, coaches, mentors employees for their individual career development.
- Monitors staff to support a culture of accountability, and promoting the companies brand image.
- Requires thorough knowledge of staffing processes. Position requires effective critical thinking & decision making.
- Requires the ability to lead, coach, mentor, evaluate, motivate and provide training, guidance and constructive feedback.
- Monitors staff to support (person-to-person) warm transfers.
- Current Subrogation or arbitration practices
- Has thorough knowledge of Auto policies (multiple states), claim procedures, DOI regulations and can work on multiple claims platforms
- Responsible for conducting performance appraisals and recommending salary actions including promotions and terminations
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work extended hours and/or weekends.
- General knowledge of human resource processes and procedures.
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications Required:
- BA/BS in business, insurance or related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mandatory: 5 years' experience in supervisory position within a claims environment
- Effective presentation skills and the ability to hold effective meetings
- Experience in handling simple to complex Physical Damage and Diminution of Value claims
- Knowledge of state and federal insurance regulations
- Ability to analyze data and formulate solutions
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Effective leadership, team-building and people development skills
- Subrogation experience
- Valid Automobile Operators license
- AIC (Associate in Claims) certificate
- BS/BA degree, or equivalent experience
- Licensing to adjust claims in multiple states
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top