R2962 Subrogation Specialist (Open)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Do you enjoy researching and investigating? Are you looking for a caring company that is committed to exceptional service? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, in our Colorado Springs, Colorado office.
While we've been named a "best place to work", our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our commitment to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
As a Subrogation Specialist working on the Subrogation Team, you'll help us achieve our goal by investigating, researching, and determining best practice in the process of subrogating the company's rights of recovery against any other party who may be responsible for a loss.
A Typical day as a Subrogation Specialist includes:
- You will investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle auto or property damage claims and out of state losses.
- You will initiate arbitration between companies on disputed liability claims and figure out the appropriate collection method (i.e. outside agency, AAA Subrogation Law Dept.).
- You will adjust to conclusion non-complex claims and claims not requiring outside field adjustment.
- You will review auto damage estimates.
As a valued member of our community, you will:
- Join a team who is dedicated to AAA members and one another. We seek out and incorporate different perspectives to drive towards better results.
- Achieve career growth by continuously developing your skills through on-the-job experience, exposure to others and formal education opportunities.
- Work at a place that has been named one of the 50 Most Community-minded Companies in America for 5 years running.
- Experience a culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. 8 company-wide Employee Resource Groups address themes like military appreciation, ethnic heritage and LGBTQ+ Pride.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of automotive claims experience.
- General knowledge of Department of Insurance regulations.
- Ability to type 50 wpm (words per minute).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proficient analytical, problem-solving, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Strong oral and written and communication skills.
- Positive behavior while working in a team environment.
- General understanding of different lines of coverage (i.e. homeowners, auto, personal property)
- BA/BS in Business, Insurance or related area, or equivalent experience preferred.
CSAA Insurance Group Offers Many Benefits, Including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a cash balance retirement program.
- Company paid employee assistance plan, and health support programs.
- Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness classes.
- Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and paid adoption leave.
- Two weeks paid military leave.
- Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career development and mentorship opportunities.
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let's work together
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so please check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top