Sr. Marketing Analyst IV
Sr. Marketing Analyst IV
R1926 Sr. Marketing Analyst IV (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
Are you interested in putting your Business Marketing Intelligence background to work in a growing organization? Do you love working with Big Data to help answer and solve business problems? Are you a thought leader who desires to have a visible contribution to a dynamic company? If you answered yes to these questions, you may be the business analyst we are looking for to join our exciting and growing Marketing reporting and analytics team.
- Translate big data into strategic insights and actionable business solutions used to drive strategic decision making across business lines and enterprise.
- Perform in-depth analyses to extract insights and provide feedback of certain business trends and variances to allow continuous business growth and improvement.
- Develop, produce, and maintain high standard KPI reports and dashboards for Marketing group and other parts of the organization. Provide interpretation of KPIs and metrics to support key business questions.
- Develop fact base and recommendations for critical performance issues and approach analytical problems with an appropriate balance of mathematical precision and practical business intuition.
- Apply data mining techniques to transform raw data into business insights.
- Contribute to building processes and/or environment that allow automated reporting production.
- Explore new ways to visualize data through reports and dashboards.
- Hands-on with technical development (code writing).
- Interact with IT organization to design and drive processes to ensure data quality; assess and manage up-stream source data change impacts on Marketing data environment.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Manage the flow of reporting and analytic requests from stakeholders, establishing priorities, and setting expectations, and delivering against those priorities. Manage all tasks and resources required to complete projects in a timely fashion.
- Monitor, track and report on IT issues/trouble tickets and escalate as appropriate.
- Employ business-oriented mindset. This is not a predictive modeling or Stat position.
- Bring a creative approach to problem solving and be comfortable to think outside the traditional process.
- Champion data-driven decision making.
Ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong SAS programming: Base, Macro, Enterprise Guide
- Native SQL Language
- Advanced Excel and knowledge of VBA
- Experience in working with big data stored in a complex relational data warehouse
- 5-7+ years of prior experience in analytical role
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-managed and highly passionate about data driven Marketing
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Use knowledge of marketing analytic disciplines to solve unique issues/problems without precedent and/or structure
- Ability to lead multiple teams, using insights, to actionable outcomes that drive results and to ensure timelines are met.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing principles, concepts, techniques and applications relevant to the field of promotion and advertising
- Knowledge of analytic or campaign management software
- Strong mathematical skills, analytical/research skills and mastery of statistical techniques to transform raw data into insights
- Multivariate statistical analysis, including regression analysis, decision trees, cluster analysis and
- Working knowledge of data mining techniques: Decision Tree, Clustering, Regression, etc.
- 3-5+ years of prior experience in marketing discipline
- Strong interpersonal skills to build successful partnership with various stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Outstanding listening and collaboration skills
- Experience in P&C Industry a plus
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in related area (BA/BS degree in business, statistics, computer science or related discipline) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top