Sr. Marketing Analyst IV
Sr. Marketing Analyst IV
R2762 Sr. Marketing Analyst IV (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
While we've been named a ‘best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our commitment to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
Are you interested in putting your Business Marketing Intelligence background to work in a growing organization? Do you love working with Big Data to help answer and solve business problems? If you answered yes to these questions, you may be the business analyst we are looking for to join our exciting and growing Marketing reporting and analytics team.
- Translate big data into strategicinsights and actionablebusinesssolutions used to drive strategic decision-making across business lines and enterprise.
- Perform in-depth analyses to extract insights and provide feedback of certain businesstrendsandvariances to allow continuous business growth and improvement.
- Develop, produce, and maintain highstandard critical metric reportsanddashboards for Marketing group and other parts of the organization. Provide interpretation of critical metrics and metrics to support key business questions.
- Develop factbaseandrecommendations for critical performance issues and approach analytical problems with an appropriate balance of mathematical precision and practical business intuition.
- Apply data mining techniques to transform raw data into business insights.
- Contribute to building processes and/or environment that allow automated reporting production.
- Explore new ways to visualize data through reports and dashboards.
- Hands-on with technical development (code writing).
- Interact with IT organization to design and drive processes to ensure data quality; assess and manage up-stream source data change impacts on Marketing data environment.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Manage the flow of reporting and analytic requests from partners, establishing priorities, and setting expectations, and delivering against those priorities. Manage all tasks and resources required to complete projects on time.
- Monitor, track and report on IT issues/trouble tickets and advance as appropriate.
- Understand that this is not a predictive modeling or Stat position.
- Bring a creative approach to problem solving and be comfortable to think outside the traditional process.
- Champion data-driven decision making.
You would possess:
- Strong SAS programming: Base, Macro, Enterprise Guide
- Native SQL Language
- Advanced Excel and knowledge of VBA
- Experience in working with big data stored in a complex relational data warehouse
- 5-7+ years of prior experience in marketinganalytics role
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-managed and highly passionate about data driven Marketing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Use knowledge of marketinganalytic disciplines to solve unique issues/problems without precedent and/or structure
- Ability to lead multiple teams, using insights, to actionable outcomes that get results and to ensure timelines are met.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing principles, concepts, techniques and applications relevant to the field of promotion and advertising
- Knowledge of analytic or campaign management software
- Strong mathematical skills, analytical/research skills and mastery of statistical techniques to transform raw data into insights
- Multivariate statistical analysis, including regression analysis, decision trees, cluster analysis
- Working knowledge of data mining techniques: Decision Tree, Clustering, Regression, etc.
- 5+ years of prior experience in marketingdiscipline
- Strong interpersonal skills to build successful partnership with various stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Outstanding listening and collaboration skills
- Experience in P&C Industry a plus
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in related area (BA/BS degree in business, statistics, computer science or related discipline) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a cash balance retirement program.
- Company paid employee assistance plan and health support programs.
- Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness classes.
- Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and paid adoption leave.
- Two weeks paid military leave.
- Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career development and mentorship opportunities.
Be part of a community that works:
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let's work together:
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so please check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us. Questions? Please email us at TalentAcquisition@csaa.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top