Sr. Auto Physical Damage Appraiser - CT,
Sr. Auto Physical Damage Appraiser - CT,
R2709 Sr. Auto Physical Damage Appraiser - CT, (Open)
Connecticut - Home Teleworkers
Are you an Auto Physical Damage Appraiser that's passionate about resolving claims coverage issues and negotiating settlement of claims with insured, third party and attorneys? Are you looking for a caring company that is committed to exceptional service? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, in our Connecticut region.
While we've been named a ‘best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our commitment to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us.
As a Sr. Auto Physical Damage Appraiser working on the Physical Damage team, you'll help us achieve our goal by working with significant authority on assignments of higher technical complexity and coordination, handle multiple property damage claims and negotiation of car damage estimates including out of state losses.
A Typical day as an Auto Physical Damage Appraiser includes:
- Independently evaluates, negotiates and settles physical damage and total loss claims along with other suffixes (i.e. loss of use, property damage), which requires physical inspection and evaluation
- You process payments appropriately and review with supervision beyond authority
- You prepare files for authority review with supervisor or manager
- You may prepare small claims court files and attend hearings; perform on-scene diagrams
As a valued member of our community, you will:
- You will be part of a team dedicated to AAA members and one another.
- You will have the opportunity to receive paid time off to participate in community volunteer service projects.
- Work in an environment that supports health and well-being, enhanced quality of life and supports a high-performance culture.
- Experience a culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. 8 company-wide Employee Resource Groups address themes like military appreciation, ethnic heritage and LGBTQ+ Pride.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of claims experience
- Valid Driver's License
- Required to possess and maintain Adjuster's License and Motor Vehicle Physical Damage Appraiser License (Connecticut state-specific)
- This position will have responsibility for the Northern Central CT territory. You must live within 50 miles of territory.
- Possesses proven technical knowledge and skills reflective of successful progression through job family levels, inclusive of auto-body repair practices and procedures
- CCC system experience
- Strong and effective negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic math and working computer skills with technical aptitude to utilize a variety of software applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and ambitious
- Proficient in ability to write estimates in computerized estimating systems
CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage including benefits coverage for domestic partners. Company contributions into a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- 401(k) plus company matching dollar for dollar up to 6% and a cash balance retirement program.
- Company paid employee assistance plan and health support programs.
- Award-winning wellness programs including free onsite fitness classes.
- Paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parent and paid adoption leave.
- Two weeks paid military leave.
- Paid time off, plus ten paid holidays and 24 hours of paid time off to volunteer.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training, career development and mentorship opportunities.
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let's work together
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so please check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us. Questions? Please email us at TalentAcquisition@csaa.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top