Sr. Actuarial Analyst
Sr. Actuarial Analyst
R1790 Sr. Actuarial Analyst (Open)
Walnut Creek, California
Are you looking for a growing company that is caring and committed to exceptional service? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, in our Walnut Creek, California headquarters.
We are looking for an experienced actuary with strong business acumen and an outstanding ability to influence others; as well as a good understanding of personal line products, operations and models. This actuary will support the overall business strategy of CSAA Insurance Group through design, development and implementation of product and pricing strategies.
- Define and analyze the risk and loss characteristics of various groups of insured
- Understand and analyze industry developments, trends and market landscape
- Monitor and assess emerging competitor pricing features and offer strategic insights on designing next generation product
- Responsible for identifying and championing the need for appropriate processes in business discussions and projects
- Provide recommendations and assistance in improving rate structures and pricing strategies
- Constantly seek industry best practices and advocate such practices in improving team processes
- Perform GLM and other statistical techniques to build, maintain, and enhance the pricing models to improve segmentation or customer experience
- Evaluate and estimate model related impacts and demonstrate expected results from the models
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of analytical or product development experience on personal line insurance; multiple functions experience is preferred.
- Good understanding of personal line operational/product/financial concepts and models
- Strong business acumen with innovative and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication, business writing and presentation skills
- Organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Completion of five or more actuarial exams
- Proficient in SAS, R or other programming languages
- Exposure with loss cost modeling and EMBLEM
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top