Software Engineer - API/Microservices/AWS
- Glendale, AZ
Are you an Application Developer that's passionate about Innovation and Engineering? Are you looking for a caring company that is committed to outstanding service? If so, be part of a community that works at CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, in our Glendale, AZ or Walnut Creek, CA office.
While we've been named a ‘best place to work,' our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members! Through our commitment to service, growth and our people, CSAA Insurance Group will create AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us!
A typical day and experience we are looking for:
- Be involved in designing and building services in a continuous delivery model on a cloud platform.
- Partner with leads and architects to help establish a technical vision and deliver innovative services which are consistent, maintainable, and highly scalable for various commerce experiences.
- Work within microservices architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful APIs using Java.
- Work in a distributed/cloud-based environment, including Amazon Web Services & Kubernetes with high transaction volumes.
- Use data structures, algorithms, and architecture patterns.
- Define solutions, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Use modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests.
- Practice full DevOps to ensure a culture of testing and releasing software on Amazon Web Services continuously using automation and monitoring.
- Leverage NoSQL using Amazon Web Services to ensure data storage is designed for security, reliability, availability, maintainability, and performance.
- Deliver software in a Scrum development process.
- Perform technical code reviews and pair programming.
- Partner with other teams to ensure the service ecosystem is loosely coupled and scalable.
Technical skills, education and experience we are reviewing for:
- Designing and developing microservices using spring boot
- Java/J2EE, Python or NodeJS
- REST Webservices/GraphQL
- Requirements Gathering
- AWS Native Services like Lambda
- Databases, including SQL and NoSQL
- Monitoring tools including New Relic, Splunk
- Apache Camel Messaging Services or ESB experiance
- Kubernetes, OpenShift, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, MongoDB
- AWS build tools, including Jenkins & Maven
- UML & Design Patterns
- Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or engineering.
- Experience: 3-5 years of overall progressive experience in software engineering.
As a valued member of our community, you will:
- Join a team who is passionate and hardworking
- Work at a place that is awesome
- Work in an environment that is healthy, supports balance and looks for innovative risk takers
- Achieve career growth from engineer to architect, manager or executive
- Experience a culture where all of our members, employees and partners are number one
CSAA Insurance Group Offers Many Benefits, Including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage.
- Employee assistance, healthy pregnancy and wellness programs.
- Paid time off, plus nine paid holidays and 24 hours of volunteer time off.
- 401(k) plus company matching up to 6% and a cash balance pension program.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training and career development opportunities.
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let's work together
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so please check your inbox to ensure you don't miss important updates from us. Questions? Please email us at email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
MUST HAVE AUTHORIZATION TO WORK INDEFINITELY IN THE US
Back to top