SmartCOMM Software Developer
- Glendale, AZ
We are actively hiring for a SmartCOMM Software Developer.
We're Mobilitas, a startup created by CSAA Insurance, a AAA Insurer. Our mission is to reinvent commercial insurance in the mobility space by providing technologically advanced solutions for today's way of doing business. What does this mean for you? You'll have the opportunity to be curious, creative, and have a significant impact! At Mobilitas we believe in what's possible, we use our inventive skills to create new opportunities - we're not chasing the status quo, we're chasing a shared vision. We're looking for motivated, innovative individuals who think big, move fast and are dedicated to creating a company from the ground up, without the constraints of a traditional insurance company. We're excited to push the boundaries of commercial insurance and are looking for enthusiastic team members to help us reimagine insurance.
- Directly design and develop solutions using SmartCOMM; forms, attachment rules, data mapping, etc.
- Should be well versed in creation of Static Layouts for Print and Responsive Layouts for Web
- Designing multi-channel templates
- Technical knowledge in creating Simple, Scriptable Batch Config/Template Selector, Output Configurations for post processing and SmartCOMM APIs
- Partner with leads and architects to help establish a technical vision and deliver innovative capabilities which are consistent, maintainable, and highly scalable for various commerce experiences
- Work within microservices architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful APIs using Java
- Work in a distributed/cloud-based environment, including Amazon Web Services & Kubernetes and related technologies
- Use data structures, algorithms, and architecture patterns
- Define solutions, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Use modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests
- Practice full DevOps to ensure a culture of testing and releasing software on Amazon Web Services continuously using automation and monitoring
- Leverage NoSQL using Amazon Web Services to ensure data storage is designed for security, reliability, availability, maintainability, and performance
- Deliver software in Scrum or other agile development process/methodologies
- Perform technical code reviews and pair programming
- Partner with other teams to ensure the service ecosystem is loosely coupled and scalable
What would make us excited about you
- SmartCOMM Modules - Data Modeler, Advanced Template Designer, Web Editor, and APIs
- SmartCOMM Configuration and Deployment Models
- Prefer Experience with Guidewire SmartCOMM integration
- Designing and developing microservices using spring boot
- Java/J2EE, Python or NodeJS
- REST Webservices
- AWS Native Services like Lambda, DynamoDB, and S3
- AWS build tools, including Jenkins & Maven
- Databases, including SQL and NoSQL
- UML & Design Patterns
- Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, technology or a related field
- Experience: 5-8 years of overall progressive experience in software engineering
- Shows respect for differences through excellent communication skills with people from an array of backgrounds.
Why join us
- Make a difference. We don't just go to work. We're a team of employees committed to AAA members, our communities and each other.
- Lifestyle. We drive strategy through innovation. We do honorable work, and we live our core beliefs.
- Recognition. We offer a total compensation package, performance bonus, 401(k) with a company match, and so much more!
Read more about what we offer and what it is like to be a part of our dynamic team at: Benefits (aaa.com)
Let's work together
Submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so check your inbox and/or your spam folder to ensure you don't miss important updates from us.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Our differences, visible and invisible, make every individual at CSAA Insurance Group unique and valuable. We strive to foster a culture where all employees feel a sense of belonging and can leverage their differences to thrive. We believe in embracing our unique identities, experiences, and points of view to advance our company and reflect our communities and members.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please contact TalentAcquisition@csaa.com.
CSAA Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer.
In compliance of Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA) we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be, or could be performed in Colorado. If performed in Colorado, this position has a salary range of $110,415-$129,900 with an opportunity for a company-wide annual discretionary bonus, through our Annual Incentive Plan (AIP), of up to 10% of eligible pay.
Please note, hourly or salary compensation, or the range of hourly or salary compensation available for a position may vary by location. We reserve the right to amend these benefits at any time and actual compensation will be determined at time of offer.
Back to top