R1959 Service Associate (Open)
Mt Laurel, New Jersey
Support CSAA Members and Club Agents by utilizing multiple systems to process policy information.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities:
- Update addresses, loss payees and providing Evidence of Insurance.
- Verify Insurance - DMV multiple states - process proof of insurance cards for members, update insurance information in DMV data bases.
- Membership - Verify/correct policy membership information, adding information to multiple computer systems.
- Processes payments and other service related work.
- Completes basic transfers of funds within multiple systems.
- Performs standard checks and balances of various applications.
- Completes basic policy processing work while adhering to SLAs.
- Preps, scans, uploads media and indexes documents (e.g., claims files)
- Researches unidentified documents and processes rejected indexing items
- Processes specialty documents (e.g., returned checks, medical bills and mail merges)
- Prepares outgoing members mail packages by following runbooks and documented procedures for each job type.
- Balances all job totals to reports, follows QA procedures to meet accuracy criteria.
- Prioritizes own work against SLAs for each job type and works to predetermined throughput levels (pieces/hour).
- Sorting all incoming US mail including UPS parcels and delivery.
- Mailing out all US mail and UPS parcels & overnight mailing requests.
- Manual processing for ER medical bills for CSG or member policies when necessary to ensure accuracy and positive member experience
- Processing EOB's, ER claims checks, insurance checks
- Utilizes high speed print and inserting equipment to assemble first class customer mailings.
- Utilizes high speed sort equipment to US Postal service specifications to maintain postal discounts.
- Reconciles mail output with system generated reports.
- Manually assembles oversized mailing packages.
- Performs tasks with high level of accuracy and within established SLAs.
- May be certified from one to several kinds of mailing equipment and processes.
- Navigate various policy admin/claims systems for basic document research.
- Accurately maintains inventory and distributes necessary supplies to produce member documents and packages.
Core - Customer Focus (Acquiring), Core - Innovation (Acquiring), Core - Knowing the Business (Acquiring), Core - Results Orientation, Core - Teamwork & Collaboration (Acquiring), Functional - Customer Service & Accountability (Acquiring), Functional - Insurance Policy & Products Understanding (Acquiring), Functional - Problem Solving (Acquiring), Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Clear and concise verbal and written communications.
Mathematical, typing (35 wpm minimum), computer (basic usage and functions) and data entry skills
Computer and Telephony skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Outlook, etc.)
Proficient in relevant CSAA IG systems and applications in support of job function
Developing comprehension and ability to apply underwriting and regulatory guidelines for CSAA IG insurance products.
Familiarity with CSAA IG website information and self-service capability features and functionality
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
Ability to identify and resolve customer needs within each interaction
Application of good judgment and decision making
Ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team
Creative problem solving skills
Developing working knowledge of CSAA IG insurance products, and a familiarity with other AAA Membership products and services
Basic analytical and risk management skills.
Displays attention to detail and accuracy
Developing insurance knowledge
Develop familiarity with print job organization, document inserts and envelope types.
Ability to identify irregularities or issues in daily work product and escalate to team lead for resolution.
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications:
High school diploma or equivalent
Associate or Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
P&C Insurance Certificates or Designation through the American Institute of Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters
Prior customer service experience
Prior experience in mail fulfillment, postal industry or print house
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Jose is in charge of understanding every disruption that takes place in the industry, then formulating a plan to continue helping clients succeed in spite of those issues.
Back to top