Service Agent - Glendale
Service Agent – Glendale
R1319 Service Agent – Glendale (Open)
Licensed professional who provides growing level of service and support to CSAA insureds with a focus on first contact resolution. Will handle insureds requests through multiple channels including phone, web and policy processing; primary function may include taking/making phone calls or managing policy information.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
- Provides expert insurance servicing consultation to members
- Responds to and resolves members concerns and inquiries.
- Process policy changes for endorsements executed in various systems per request of members.
- May assess existing coverage limits and deductibles and make recommendations to members to ensure adequate asset protection.
- Processes members billing inquiries (discretionary power within defined threshold).
- Provides quotes on premium changes for an existing insurance policy.
- Deciding appropriate underwriting action based on authority level and underwriting guidelines. If outside of standard authority level, will refer to an appropriate underwriting authority level.
- Generates premium through policy reviews. Verifies rating variables to ensure proper risk to rate
- Researches and investigates lapses in coverage
- Process work on projects – U-drive, Cov A, Data Entry, Preparing quotes for offer packets – conversion project
- Key Policy Changes – i.e.; Update Coverage amounts, add/remove multi-policy discounts, verify policy data information for accuracy.
- Process Endorsements – Work received by mail, system generated requests or fax requesting policy changes; i.e. adding/deleting driver, adding/deleting vehicle.
- Administer policy fixes – updates policy with correct information in order to allow the policy to automate future renewals rather than manual.
- Verify Insurance – DMV multiple states – process proof of insurance cards for members, update insurance information in DMV data bases.
- Actively handles incoming and outgoing internal calls to remedy policy issues with more involvement and decision making authority.
- Proactively addresses and escalates production issues and trends with proper support and analysis.
- Prioritizes own work against SLAs for each job type and works to predetermined throughput levels (transactions/hour).
- Processes jobs that require special handling.
- SME for multiple systems in order to effectively resolve system or policy issues.
- May also perform some of the responsibilities outlined under Service Specialist.
- Prepares outgoing members mail packages by following runbooks and documented procedures for each job type.
- Balances all job totals to reports, follows QA procedures to meet accuracy criteria.
- Prioritizes own work against SLAs for each job type and works to predetermined throughput levels (pieces/hour).
- Depending on primary department function, may be the team lead.
- Fully certified with all department specialized equipment, software, processes, and procedures.
- May also perform some of the responsibilities outlined under Service Specialist
Core – Customer Focus (Developing), Core – Innovation (Developing), Core – Knowing the Business (Developing), Core – Results Orientation, Core – Teamwork & Collaboration (Developing), Functional – Customer Service & Accountability (Developing), Functional – Insurance Policy & Products Understanding (Developing), Functional – Problem Solving (Developing), Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
All knowledge skills and abilities from the Associate position plus:
Advance working knowledge of CSAA IG insurance products, and a familiarity with other AAA Membership products and services
Intermediate ability to apply higher levels of underwriting authority.
Understands and applies fundamental insurance knowledge as acquired by obtaining Personal Lines license
Strong analytical and risk management skills (e.g., ability to recognize trends and report anomalies for process improvement)
Understands and resolves complex transactional requests
Ability to create intermediate MS Office documents and spreadsheets
Basic analytical skills and strong business acumen
10 key by touch
Basic Claims knowledge (depending on roles and responsibilities)
Advanced familiarity with print job organization, document inserts and envelope types.
Ability to identify irregularities or issues and recommend options for resolution in daily work product and escalate to team lead for resolution.
Ability to understand requests for special handling and build procedures to meet the request.
Ability to point out changes in trends and research reasons for changes.
Based on results, ideate for better process, procedures, or workflow.
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to acquire P&C or Personal Lines License in the states where required.
Certificates in department application in lieu of P&C license. Should be enrolled in continuous Insurance education.
Bachelor’s Degree in related subject (Business) or equivalent combination of education and experience
Insurance experience (underwriting, claims, service, etc.) strongly preferred
Certificates or Designation through the American Institute of Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (e.g. Associate in Insurance Servicing, INS 21-23) or working towards achievement of certificate or designation
Prior customer service experience
Meet Some of CSAA Insurance Group's Employees
Disaster Recovery Specialist
Barbara focuses on preparing both tools to combat cyber attacks from hackers and backup and recovery programs that can be applied in the event of a large-scale technology disaster.
Back to top