Senior IT Data Governance Engineer
- Glendale, AZ
While we?ve been named a ?best place to work,? our proudest accomplishment comes from serving nearly 17 million AAA members. Through our dedication, growth and our people, you will build AAA members for life by fulfilling our promise to be there when they need us!
As the Senior IT Data Governance Engineer, you are responsible for design installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer operating systems and related software. You?ll implement operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system. You will have the opportunity to define and discern key aspects of System Administration that have a significant technical and business impact. Receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions on new projects or assignments.
With this role, you?ll have the ability to:
- Designs, installs, configures, and performs system testing of assigned systems or processes.
- Examples include: mobile voice/data communications, telecom/network infrastructure, servers/operating systems/utilities, security and system monitoring software/hardware.
- Coordinates, schedules, installs and test hardware and software changes.
- May also perform capacity and resource planning, risk operations risk, and create contingency plans for systems of high complexity.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new products/processes for his or her domain of expertise such as software, hardware, security, mobile communications, storage or messaging.
- Researches issues and possible problems with potential upgrades to existing infrastructure.
- Develops testing and implementation plans.
- Works with other engineers to plan installations and upgrades and ensure subsequent maintenance in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Monitors system to achieve optimum performance levels.
We?d love to hear from you if you?re:
- Proficient in platform internals, advanced debugging, and root cause analysis skills
- Understanding of enterprise server security technologies, networking & security protocols, authentication schemes and technologies
- Ability to implement of platform upgrades and migrations
- 5+ years IT work experience working in multiple system environments
- Certification(s) in functional expertise areas such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Knowledge of more specific platforms and the technology to support them (i.e. SAN, NAS, Messaging, SCCM, Active Directory)
- Knowledge of automating server image configuration and management
- Imagine customizations and auditing, using shell and batch scripting to further customization, working knowledge of computer hardware, sys prep knowledge, and MS OS configuration
- Knowledge of basic ITIL framework and processes
Required Education, Experience, Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelor?s degree in related area (Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical discipline) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
CSAA Insurance Group Offers Many Benefits, Including:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage.
- Employee assistance, healthy pregnancy and wellness programs.
- Paid time off, plus nine paid holidays and 24 hours of volunteer time off.
- 401(k) plus company matching up to 6% and a cash balance pension program.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training and career development opportunities.
Be part of a community that works
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let?s work together
Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so please check your inbox to ensure you don?t miss important updates from us. Questions? Please email us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
MUST HAVE AUTHORIZATION TO WORK INDEFINITELY IN THE US
Back to top