Security Consultant - Phoenix, AZ
Are you a highly skilled Information Security professional that has a passion for Security within a DevOps world? Use your expertise to help us craft the next generation of our IT Security program. You will work closely with our Application Development and Engineering & Operations teams to foster DevSecOps principles and processes, aligning the overall security model with business goals and ongoing operations. Help us re-think what it means to be a secure insurance provider delivering capabilities in a fast-changing, highly competitive market.
Your day could include and experience we would like to see :
- You will act as a transformational security lead embedded within the various IT and business departments to implement strong security practices, testing methodology and culture to support both Agile and DevSecOps models
- You will be the face of information security as assigned to development and infrastructure / operations teams providing tracking and management of ongoing efforts and their relationship to security
- You will act as the liaison for Information Security services, generating demand and clarity around upcoming projects and SME involvement
- You will implement immediately an Agile operating model to integrate cybersecurity into the organizational processes early and often
- You will foster and drive organizational change that leads security towards a DevSecOps model of automation
- You will be a cybersecurity subject matter expertise in various risk assessments, working in an Agile environment with an understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- You will consult and advocate for the appropriate cybersecurity software engineering practices such as unit testing, code reviews, full build testing, quality engineering practices and requirements capturing techniques to the teams to improve end to end secure delivery practices
- You will actively partner with department leads, architects, and business liaisons to embed the appropriate security practices at the beginning of projects
- You will recommend enhancements and/or changes to controls as appropriate to improve operational security aligned with business goals and cybersecurity policies
- You will provide security guidance to Application Developers, Engineering and Operations partners to help them meet Information Security requirements
- You will identify cybersecurity threats and mitigation strategies, with focus on impact of emerging technology (Cloud, CI/CD)
Education, Certifications and nice to have:
- Bachelor?s degree (in Information Technology or a related discipline) or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of Information Technology and Security experience
- Experience in Software Application Development Lifecycle (JAVA, C#)
- Agile operational model experience
- DevSecOps operational model experience
- IS certifications preferred (CISSP, CISM, CISA or Equivalent)
CSAA Insurance Group offers many benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health care plans, including medical, dental, vision, and tax-deferred spending accounts.
- Employee assistance, healthy pregnancy and wellness programs.
- Paid time off, plus nine paid holidays and 24 hours of volunteer time off.
- 401(k) plus company matching up to 6% and a cash balance pension program.
- Paid training, tuition reimbursement, self-service training and career development opportunities.
Be part of a community that works:
- At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees have enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
- Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
- Please submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so check your inbox to ensure you don?t miss important updates from us.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top